Help!!

G

Here are my specs: Dell Dimension 2400, P4 2.53 Ghz, 256Mb RAM. I was getting error messages with virtual memory, and I changed the Virtual Memory settings to "No Page File", and then restarted. I then wanted to delete the "pagefile.sys" file, but Windows was unable to find in on C:/. Here are the other error messages I'm getting-

"The application ybrwicon.ese failed to initialize properly (0x0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application"

I also received the same message for ipmon32.exe and dslog.exe after I tried to run sfc/ scannow (to replace the missing .dll file messages I have been getting).

ccApp.exe - Bad Image

"The application or dll c:\windows\system32\Msi.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

I also received the same message above for "Notify Alert.exe"

"A necessary component for this function is missing or damaged (c:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NAVProd.dll"

"Error parsing C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\config\machine.config" Parser returned error 0x80070718.

"Common Language Runtime Debugging Services" - Application has generated an error that could not be handled. Process ID=0xd8 (216), Thread ID=0x1cp (448). Okay to Terminate, Cancel to Debug.

I then click on cancel to debug- and the following error message popped up-

"Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2 (2). Please check computer settings. cord1cg.exe! a0xd8"

"Error. Fatal Execution Engine (0x7927bb38)"

"Failed to load resources from resources file. Please check your setup."

In my attempts to login, I click on the icon for one of two users, and it takes a long time to load. The background for the selected user comes up after about 50-60 seconds, and then the "welcome" screen comes back. One of two things will happen if I click on the same user again- I will either get a full boot after approximately 6 minutes, with all of the error messages, or I will get a message that says "Windows was unable to login the selected user. A default account will be logged in" or something like that.

I am just about out of ideas on how to fix this. The more I try to fix it, the more error messages I am getting. Please help!

G

Kelly- Thank you so much for your help. Your "Cleaning up XP" page really, really helped. I finally cleaned out the computer by running Ad-Aware (which was light-years better than the Spyware program I paid for) about five or six times (I also ran it in safe mode). I probably quarantined about 300 files, registry keys, etc. I'll be sure to reference your xp page often when I need to troubleshoot. Thank you!

Ask a Question