Help

Reaction score
hey
i was wondering if anyone could help me :confused:
as i aint very good on p.cs
i keep having a blue screen coming up on me p.c
it says:

a prolem has been detected and windows ahs been shut down to prevent damage on your computer
BAD_POOL_CALLER
if this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen , restart ypur computer. if this screen appears again follow these steps:
Chect to make shure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
if this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for and updates you might need .

If this problem continues disable or remove any newly software or hardware .
Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing
if if you need to use safe mode to disable or remove componants, restart your computer, press F8 to selectAdvance startup options and then select safe mode

Technical infomation
*** stop: 0x000000c2 ( 0x00000007 , 0x00000CD4 , 0x00070460 , 0x E1ACE860)

Begining dump of pysical memory
physical memory dump complete
contact your system adminerstater or techniqal support for furthere asistance.
and thats all it says
i would be realy gratful if anyone had any infomation:bow:

please reply

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can I bombard you with a few questions first? ;)

Do you know if it is Windows XP? And does this error appear when your computer is turning on?

Reaction score
yup

yes i can say that my computer is windows xp
and no it is not when the computer starts up,
the error has happened about 3 times now
and its wen im on the compuer for about an hour the last time it hapened was two days ago:confused:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Click here to visit MS TechNet

A Stop 0xC2 message might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.

A Stop 0xC2 message might also be due to failing or defective hardware. If a Stop message points to a category of devices (such as disk controllers, for example), try removing or replacing the hardware to determine if it is causing the problem.

If you encounter a Stop 0xC2 message while upgrading to Windows XP Professional, the problem might be due to an incompatible driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup. To avoid problems while upgrading, simplify your hardware configuration and remove all third-party device drivers and system services (including virus scanners) prior to running setup. After you have successfully installed Windows XP Professional, contact the hardware manufacturer to obtain compatible updates.

:D

I'll pop over in the morning and we'll have a look.

Mucks.

Reaction score
thanks

thankz mucks
well the stop page started to come up after i installed a web cam as i bought it new from pcworld
but when the first error came up i tryed removing the hardware and there wasnt any hardware for the web cam :confused:
but thanks for comming tmorow:D :bow:

:crazy:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Well at least you know what the cause is ... we'll fix it.

Oh, and for anyone else I charge £3,000 for a call out, not including expenses, UK only. :D

crazyguy only lives down the road from me. 8)

muckshifter

Reaction score
As I am VAT registered ...

Nope ... :D

Reaction score
Cooling

Incase the hardware option doesnt work, I used to get that a lot, and I found out that XP had put in a driver that was far too advanced for my graphics card, so it was in effect overclocking it. I just put a blow hole in, and it stopped completely! So that could be another option.

muckshifter

Reaction score
oops

Sorry folks, I left you all standing there.

The answer to this problem was the webcam drivers, non-XP, but as it was still giving problems, even when PCWorld tried it out, it was duly replaced with a better XP aware webcam.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
lol - an extreme option there hack, but if it works... great :D

Glad the webcam works now crazyguy!

Reaction score
i have the same problem of pysical memory dump (dont know if it is 0xc2 problmem) winXP, and i know i bit about computers, and this is driving me crazy, first hard disk starts to freez, lik ahh ahh ahh ahh (the led is red) and hello blue screen and restart!! any idea, and it happens during playing wow, alot!!! (athlon1.8 640ram)

p.s. checked hard for bad sectors..none
p.s.s.maybe dsl modem.....or network card doing problems??

Ask a Question