Help with the "Safely remove Hardware"

K

Kreepz86

First of all, hello everyone!

I just bought a Cruzer Micro 256MB flash drive. My question is with XP do I still need to use the "Safely remove
Hardware" feature?
The reason I ask is because on the instructions on "Disconnecting" it states "Windows these steps are not required for Windows 98SE or Windows XP" right under this it says "Use the safe to remove hardware hotplug icon in the notification area of the taskbar to safely remove the device before unplugging."
So which one is it? I'm kinda confused. Do I use the "S.T.R.H." or not? Thanks in advanced!

K

Kreepz86

I wasn't looking in the right places but I finally found an answer that makes sense and from where? Microsofts site!! Go figure!
Anyways, it states "When removing a device from a bus that supports hot plugging, if the Safely Remove Hardware icon appears in the notification area, use the Safely Remove Hardware application as explained below to ensure a safe removal of hardware from the system".

Site:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prdh_dmt_cgwi.asp

First of all, hello everyone!

I just bought a Cruzer Micro 256MB flash drive. My question is with XP do I still need to use the "Safely remove
Hardware" feature?
The reason I ask is because on the instructions on "Disconnecting" it states "Windows these steps are not required for Windows 98SE or Windows XP" right under this it says "Use the safe to remove hardware hotplug icon in the notification area of the taskbar to safely remove the device before unplugging."
So which one is it? I'm kinda confused. Do I use the "S.T.R.H." or not? Thanks in advanced!

L

Lawrence A. Wong [1023766]

IN all honesty, It doesn't matter at all. BUT.... The advantage of the STRH is that it ensures that all data transfer between the computer and your Cruzer has stopped.

This ensures that there is no data corruption to any file that might still have a connection to your computer.

Ask a Question