Help with Hijacked Desktop

I have windows XP Pro, i have run numerous virus and spyware programs but my
desktop just shows a white blank screen and sometimes is changes to light
brown if i click on the desktop. I have tried deleting all the virus from
the registry as told by Norton, i still unsure of the virus name or if it a
virus or registry settings i have changed, Please could some one advise me on
the correct registry settings for my desktop to be normal and what the
problem could be, any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

PA20Pilot

Hi Calvin,

............I have tried deleting all the virus from the registry as told
by Norton,

Does coming here looking for answers mean that Norton won't support
their recommendations? I doubt you'll be able to unscramble much unless
you can tell the readers here exactly what you've changed in the
registry, even then it'll be a long shot.

---==X={}=X==---

Jim Self
AVIATION ANIMATION, the internet's largest depository.
http://avanimation.avsupport.com

Your only internet source for spiral staircase plans.
http://jself.com/stair/Stair.htm

Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA)
Technical Counselor

Leythos

Use this tool

AntiPuper v1.1 by secured2k
http://secured2k.home.comcast.net/tools/AntiPuper.exe

This tool unlocks the ability to change or disable the desktop background
image or active web desktop background. You will need to manually change
your desktop background.

Go to Control Panel > Display > Desktop Tab > Customize Desktop > Web Tab.
If you see any entries that are checked, uncheck them. Click OK.

Leythos

Use this tool

From: "Leythos" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Help with Hijacked Desktop
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 09:17:32 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support

As you can see, PCBUTTS is still unable to post using his real nickname
and real email address, so, since he want's to be more like me, he's
posting using my Nickname.

Keep showing how little respect you have to the group of people that
actually help butts, keep proving us right about your theft of other
peoples works, keep proving your lack of ethics - you're batting 110% so
far.

I ran what i was told to do and still the same. It seems when i move the
mouse pointer over the wallpaper it turns a dirty white and when i move it
onto the start bar it turns a clear white. Thanx for all your usefull help
and not just a smart comment.

skip

I ran what i was told to do and still the same. It seems when i move the
mouse pointer over the wallpaper it turns a dirty white and when i move it
onto the start bar it turns a clear white. Thanx for all your usefull help
and not just a smart comment.

Did your problem get worse after you did what Norton said to do?
Can you see any characters on your desktop at this time?
Did you go in and change any of the desktop displays?
Have you tried using restore to go back to a time it work correctly?
Just a few questions.

Dan (Still going in circles)

Leythos

Calvin said:
I ran what i was told to do and still the same. It seems when i move
the mouse pointer over the wallpaper it turns a dirty white and when
i move it onto the start bar it turns a clear white. Thanx for all
your usefull help and not just a smart comment.

Format and reinstall.

Leythos

From: "Leythos" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 00:16:54 -0800

Please note that PCBUTTS1 (or one of his Sheep) is the poster of the
above message using my NickName "Leythos". He posts from the above host,
which you can validate in the Usenet headers, since Microsoft deletes
his posts from their servers due to his lack of ethics, his theft of
others code, and his violations of their Usenet standards.