-----Original Message-----
From: Pam [mailto:pam_staley(removethis)@hotmail.com]
Posted At: 09. august 2004 19:35
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: help with form
Subject: help with form

I'm trying to make a form that calls for the user to submit various
information - I started out with simply 'insert' form and then put in
several blank spaces above the submit/reset button and then put in my
text, and added the option buttons for a yes/no answer - then I added a
comments text area box ... and then the contact info...my problem is
that the IF I use a simple 'text box' then the results go where they are
supposed to in the submitted email - if I use a text area (which allows
them to submit lines of info) then that info goes at the bottom of the
email results - since I need these comment text boxes to stay with the
'section' ... can someone help me figure out how to do it?

thanks!

the url is www.mfqha.com/questionnaire.htm

Pam

ohhhh - ok, thanks - one more question - I have the form completed on the
site, but when I go thru the whole form to check to make sure that
everything is working, it only emails me the first 2 sections - it totally
omits everything after that section - except for the name/email/# ????
what's up with that??

--
Blessings,
Pam

E Web Express - Web Design & Hosting
http://www.ewebexpress.com
TLC Naturally - Essential Oils & Home Made Goodies
http://www.tlcnaturally.com

Pam

one other thing - it's also returning an error once I submit it instead of
going to the thank you page - although I still get the email??

Stefan B Rusynko

Right click Form Properties Options Saved Fields
-delete all the fields that are there and then use Save ALL
- check that there are duplicate form field names (except in your yes/no options)

--

| oh darn....sent my email ...sigh....
|

| | > Using the FP Extensions, text in text areas are always displayed last in
| > a mail.
| >
| > Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

ok, that worked, now I'm getting all the fields, however, now I'm getting 2
emails when submitting the form - one has half the form, the other email the
full form - and then also when I hit submit, instead of going to the
designated confirmation url - it goes to an error page:

FrontPage Error.
User: please report details to this site's webmaster.

Webmaster: please see the server's system log for more details.

can you help?

thanks - Pam

Pam

this is the error I get from the server's log file:

[Tue Aug 10 16:42:08 2004] [error] [client 209.248.47.81] File does not
exist: /home/virtual/site261/fst/var/www/html/questionnaire.htm

how can the file not exist?

Pam

well, I finally figured it out and thought someone might be interested in
the answer - if you have been following this thread - I could not get the
form to email the correct results and not get it to go to the confirmation
page.

I tried eliminating the confirmation page from the form properties...and the
form worked perfectly....so...I tried putting the full address of the
confirmation page in - http://www.mfqha.com/thankyou.htm .... and it worked
like a charm... so in case anyone might be interested...that was the answer
that fixed my problem.