Windows XP HELP! When watching footage it's not playing smoothly

Reaction score
I have spent all this time making this movie.....I have sound, some clips are muted......all clips have been trimmed and effects added....but I'm still not finished and the clips are stopping and starting - the music and sound still carries on as normal...the visual image pauses then goes again......but it doesn't happen all the time.

I have used the effect "Speed up - double" on about 8 clips......i hope it's not this......as I NEED to use that effect!

HELP!
I don't want all my work to be in vain!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
are all of the clips in the same format? if some are PAL (25 Fps) and some are NTSC (30 Fps) and you've made a movie using both types then have tried to convert the whole thing into one of the formats you'll get problems with the sound, the speed up feature may be causing your PC to struggle to play it smoothly, what are the specs of your PC ?

Reaction score
Oh dear,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes movie has different formats, some 25 fps, a few 30 fps. What can I do?

Reaction score
It'd help greatly to know what software you're using to modify your clips and burn your CD's/DVD's

To be honest, if it's something I've not used yet, I'd just google for
<appname> FPS

then if that didnt turn up anything useful, search for
<appname> fix FPS
or
<appname> 25 30 change FPS frames per second

I assure you, you have the powah!

Would have been googled by..

- Zhoul

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i've done some searching and converting between the different speeds and keeping smooth playback is difficult, i've found a guide that you should be able to follow, i cant guarantee the results but its worth a try

http://www.johnisme.com/avi1.shtml

Ask a Question