    sudden I have pop up windows and 30 critters to clean.
    Any ideas where this is coming from? I've cleaned out
    cookies, history, temporary internet files, etc. Thanks!

    Martin, Feb 13, 2005

  2. What is "SpyDoctor"? See this reference:

    Are you running Microsoft Antispyware at the time "all hell breaks loose?"
    The active protection checkpoints should be allowing you to block that
    stuff.

    You've got something still in place and pretty well hidden.

    Please attempt to submit a report, via Tools, Suspected spyware report.
    Describe what you just said above.

    I'd recommend going to a spyware forum for expert advice on cleaning, given
    that Microsoft Antispyware hasn't done the job:

    If you go here:

    http://www.aumha.org/free.htm

    and click on HijackThis in the left column, you can download an app which
    will create a log of the system integration points on your machine. You can
    then post the contents of that log to a forum on that board--see the blue
    "here" link in the explanatory text about the download.

    They can give you clear advice about what to check off on the HijackThis
    report and thus remove and get your system cleaned up.
    --
    FAQ for Microsoft Antispyware:

    Bill Sanderson, Feb 13, 2005

  3. Martin

    Bob Dietz Guest

    Sounds like one or more bad BHOs (Browser Helper Objects).
    Close all instances of IE.
    Open MS Anti-Spyware use the following menu -
    Tools> Advanced Tools> System Explorers>
    Select "IE BHOs" in the left hand column.
    Block any unknown BHOs.
    Try Internet Explorer. Has the problem gone away?
    If so -
    Close Internet Explorer.
    Unblock one of the BHOs.
    Open Internet Explorer.
    If the problem returned,
    "Send to "Spynet for analysis..."
    then
    "Permanently remove this BHO"
    Repeat until done.
    If not, diagnosis becomes more involved. Post again and someone will try
    to help you.

    --
    Bob Dietz

    Bob Dietz, Feb 13, 2005
  4. Martin

    The RedOld Guest

    Hi,

    Simple solution, run a scan with sybot S&D, tha these are
    gone.
    Also use a popup killer, so you can ban sites.
    (Like popUp Cop) But try before you buy, or go to
    Phazedll, for free programms................

    Greetings and Have fun,

    The RedOld (Admin 15 Tb servers)

    The RedOld, Feb 15, 2005