Help settle an argument

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
A few years ago the video below was posted on Facebook and got everybody in a flip about what information was stored in their photo's they upload from their smart phones and cameras.

Sites like Facebook, Myspace and FLCIKR have been stripping EXIF data from images since around 2008.

Suddenly this video has popped up on Facebook aagain and everybod is getting in a fluff.

Is it just scaremongering ? I have downloaded a few pics of Facebook and there is no EXIF data in any of them

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The only part i'd be worried about are if the pics or posts are tagged via GPS. :)

Sounds like fuss about nothing as per....

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
All this fuss about personal info being laid bare when truth is if the blue meanies were even vaguely interested in you they'd have a file on you a country mile long anyway.

Truth is folks, don't kid yourselves, nobody is really interested in lil ol you, cept perhaps them advertising folk and if they phone me I tell them I will find them and remove their vocal chords.

But they are not impressed, takes at least three renewed attempts to spam me and me making freshly concocted threats for them to leave me alone.

There's a butcher in Ohio who knows my shoe size.

Am I worried?

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Mess with the powers that be and they'll crack down on you quicker than a bee round honey..
But like flopp's has already said your mostly invisible and only ever will be just a spec on a pinhead in the grand scheme of things..

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Yep, all the peadophiles have lined up all the children, that, their parents have taken pics off and posted on their TwitFace accounts. They are going to have one hell of a party, ain't they!

:sleep:

Let me say again ... if you "connect" to the Tinternet with any device, "they" know about it.

I'll just let them know what my collar size is again, 17½ inches. :)

I mentioned a tagged word, this forum will now be scrutinised.

Ask a Question