Help Pls - Cannot Remove Search180

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm having a mare at the moment, recently done a full scan with NIS, it picked up quite a lot of spyware, most was deleated with Ad aware, however, it did not remove 9 items, namely:

Adware.180Solutions
Adware.ZangoSearch

I've run Ad aware again, also Spybot and Microsoft Anti Spyware, that didn't work!
Then looked on Symantecs site for a removal tool, ran this and it stated that it had removed 9 threats, however following a 'Live Update' and a re-scan they are still there!!!

I take it these things must be deep in the registry somewhere, my first question is:

Can they be removed and how?
and
Are they doing any harm?

Please advise

Cheers

Lee

Reaction score
Cheers

Did that and NIS did not detect any.

However, after coming out of safe mode and running a scan again the same happened, 10 detected!

Strange!

Cheers

Lee

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Go to add/remove programs and scroll down to see if you can find any of the following:
180ax, msbb, sac, sain, salm, sais, zanu

If you have one of them showing use the remove option to remove it.

Then rescan and remove any items again, re-boot and then try again to make sure its gone.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
May I make a suggestion - Webroot Spysweeper is v good and you can download 30 day free trial.

I had loads of the stuff you mentioned about 12 months ago - I now use Adaware, NAV, MS AS and Webroot all the time and have had (touch wood and fngers crossed) no problems since then.

I am confident Webroot will sort you out. It costs a few quid but in my opinion is well worth paying for after the 30 day trial.

Good luck!!

Gabs xx

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
My sisters computer has the same problem, with the zango and the search 180. Everytime i go round her house, i run ad aware se and that finds well over 100 pieces of spyware and then spy sweeper which finds about another 60+. The search180 was in the "add/remove" list so i just removed it from there, but i couldnt find anythnig about that zango :/ . Try all of these:

Ad Aware SE

Spy Sweeper 4.5 (trial)

Spybot Search And Destroy 1.4

Then theres Process Guard which will stop anything even trying to start if you dont want it to.

Edit: I forgot to mention Pest Patrol , you do have to fill in some details to get the free 30 day trial, but its worth it.

Last edited:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Reefsmoka said:
My sisters computer has the same problem, with the zango and the search 180. Everytime i go round her house, i run ad aware se and that finds well over 100 pieces of spyware and then spy sweeper which finds about another 60+. The search180 was in the "add/remove" list so i just removed it from there, but i couldnt find anythnig about that zango :/

Zango is just part of 180Solutions, as I posted earlier he can remove it via programs add/remove - it has an uninstall applet there:thumb:

Ask a Question