    Please, help with this as I am not able to figure out why this would happen

    Thanks & Regards
    Saravanan

    Guest, Feb 25, 2004

  2. Have you tried copying the application part onto the local computer?

    It would be normal practice to give a copy of the application to each user,
    whilst storing the data on the server. Otherwise you might as well keep both
    the application & data in one file...

    --
    James Goodman
    MCSE MCDBA
    "Saravanan Sadasivan" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > We have an application (mde file) accessing a MS Access database file and

    generating reports. We have placed both these files on the server and access
    the application from a different PC by mapping the drive to the server. When
    we run a report with a few sub-reports, it is taking a very long time to
    generate. Whereas, when we put the same application and MS Access database
    on the same PC and access it directly, the same report with the same amount
    of data runs extremely fast. To give an idea of how slow the report runs
    from the server - it takes 21 minutes to generate completely when run from
    the server but just 3 minutes to generate completely when run on the same
    PC. This is happening at a client site.

    James Goodman, Feb 25, 2004

    Tony Toews Guest

    "Saravanan Sadasivan" <> wrote:

    >We have an application (mde file) accessing a MS Access database file and generating reports. We have placed both these files on the server and access the application from a different PC by mapping the drive to the server. When we run a report with a few sub-reports, it is taking a very long time to generate. Whereas, when we put the same application and MS Access database on the same PC and access it directly, the same report with the same amount of data runs extremely fast. To give an idea of how slow the report runs from the server - it takes 21 minutes to generate completely when run from the server but just 3 minutes to generate completely when run on the same PC. This is happening at a client site.

    The problem is not the number of sub-reports while in design view but
    how many sub-reports are executed when running the report.

    Performance is worse after splitting - My personal experience
    aka How to speed up complex forms and reports with many records each
    with sub reports.
    http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/splitapp/performance.htm

    Tony
    --
    Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
    read the entire thread of messages.

    Tony Toews, Feb 25, 2004

    Tony Toews Guest

    Tony Toews <> wrote:

    >The problem is not the number of sub-reports while in design view but
    >how many sub-reports are executed when running the report.

    Let me rephrase that. If you have 10,000 records in the main report
    and most of those records in turn subreports then you will see the
    behaviour you mention.

    Tony

    Tony Toews, Feb 26, 2004