    RJ Runyan
    FOB Marez
    Mosul, Iraq

    Guest, Nov 2, 2007

    Paul Smith Guest

    "rj runyan" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > After I load the Sierra game "Joint Task Force" I receive the following
    > error
    > msg "your graphics card does not support pixel shaders or vertex shaders"
    > just bought a Toshiba Satellite P205-S6287 with Windows Vista installed.
    > Any
    > help would be appreciated. Thanks.

    If this machine has an integrated Intel GMA 950 graphics chip, like the one
    I looked up online then it doesn't have any vertex, pixel shaders nor
    transform and lighting in hardware and this will severely limit what games
    will run on it.

    --
    Paul Smith,
    Yeovil, UK.

    *Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*

    Paul Smith, Nov 2, 2007

    Andy [YaYa] Guest

    "Paul Smith" <> wrote in message
    > "rj runyan" <> wrote in message
    >> After I load the Sierra game "Joint Task Force" I receive the following
    >> error
    >> msg "your graphics card does not support pixel shaders or vertex shaders"
    >> just bought a Toshiba Satellite P205-S6287 with Windows Vista installed.
    >> Any
    >> help would be appreciated. Thanks.

    > If this machine has an integrated Intel GMA 950 graphics chip, like the
    > one I looked up online then it doesn't have any vertex, pixel shaders nor
    > transform and lighting in hardware and this will severely limit what games
    > will run on it.

    Lots of 3d games will disable shading if your video card doesn't have it,
    but some require it. Check the box on the back. In the tiny print, look for
    minimum requirements or specifications.

    If it says requires vertex or pixel shading video card, yeah, you might be
    outta luck.

    http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...PB0U&smoid=true&ct=MH&ListType=Model&x=13&y=8

    Link to your computer support page at toshiba.com... under Detailed Specs it
    says... Intel 945GM Graphics Chip. After poking around Intel's site a bit.
    Yeah, no pixel or vertex support for that chipset.

    Andy [YaYa], Nov 5, 2007