help pc problems

anne

having a few problems still have wjview error message
when starting pc also cant find program.exe

pauly [MSFT]

Hi Anne,

The error messages you are seeing are probably being caused by programs
configured to launch when Windows starts. Troubleshooting this involves
disabling or removing these programs, either from the startup routine or
removing some completely if they are not needed.

Programs are configured to start on Windows startup either by adding
commands to the Windows Registry or by adding a command to the Startup
folder. Disabling or removing these startup commands involves removing the
command from either the registry or the startup folder. Fortunately there
is a tool in Windows that automates this: MSConfig. Please review the
following KB Articles for specific steps on resolving these errors:

308041 Resources for Troubleshooting Startup Problems in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308041

310353 How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310353

316434 HOW TO: Perform Advanced Clean-Boot Troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316434

310560 How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

315222 A Description of the Safe Mode Boot Options in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315222

=========

Windows XP Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/security/default.asp

Windows 2000 Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/security/default.asp

Top 10 Windows Newsgroups Security Questions:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/newsgroups/default.asp?url=/technet/newsgro
ups/nodepages/sectop10.asp

=========
Paul Hayes, MCSE