Help: outbox mails queued up and not sent

F

fly2moon2

Hi All,

I face a problem that Outlook mails simply queue up at the outbox but never sent UNTIL user interactively clicks "send/receive" button to force it sending out.

With examination of the settings, then I turn on the auto-send/receive, scheduled send/receive every 1 minute. User reported that the situation has improved BUT outlook still needs to be opened then it would send mails after a while.

I'm testing this through mail merge to email from Word and later will do some programming to execute the Word mail-merge setup.

Key question now is how to have the outbox mails automatically sent even w/o Outlook purposely started & w/o user intervention. (should be something running in the background?

best regards,
jackling

D

Diane Poremsky

1. 1 minute is way too often - it can cause outlook's mapi transport to lock
up and stop sending and receiving. We recommend setting it to 8 -10 min.

2. outlook needs to be running to send mail.

F

fly2moon2

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Understand. But is there a way Outlook runs as background or simply a service (i.e. user doesn't need to explicitly open outlook)? Currently, using mail merge to email from Word, the formatted mails are passed to Outlook. And, user has to open Outlook to have it sent.

How do people do programming for emailing Outlook? Does automating program still need to active Outlook interactively?

best regards,
jackling

B

Brian Tillman

fly2moon2 said:
Understand. But is there a way Outlook runs as background or simply a
service (i.e. user doesn't need to explicitly open outlook)?
No.

Currently, using mail merge to email from Word, the formatted mails
are passed to Outlook. And, user has to open Outlook to have it sent.

Any program needs to be running in order for it to do its job.
How do people do programming for emailing Outlook? Does automating
program still need to active Outlook interactively?

I would think so. A good programming information site is
http://www.outlookcode.com/

Ask a Question