Help needed with filtering content.

neecee511

I have created a single text field form to be used as input for a
Intranet discussion forum. Given that people throughout the busines
will be able to view the results file, I need to be able to filter ou
inappropriate text prior to it being submitted. I have seen this don
on several discussion forums on the internet, but after searchin
google, have not found anything which does only this. Wondering i
anyone knows of some software which does this type of filtering, o
if there is another solution. I would appreciate any assistance yo
can provide

Thanks

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP MVP]

You can use Javascript validation to screen the input. However there are
simply too many ways to write inappropriate text for that to be
practical. What is normally done is to have submissions screened by a
moderator before or after it is posted. Many use a link to report
inappropriate messages so they can be manually removed.
For low volume discussions usually the submissions are mailed to an
administrator who approves them and does the actual posting on the
board.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

neecee511

Thanks for your reply Jens! Now the challenge is to find individual
who want to be moderators in addition to their other jo
responsibilities :(
Jens Peter Karlsen[FP MVPwrote
You can use Javascript validation to screen the input. However ther
ar