Help needed for grapics prob .

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Well I don't know what I've done but me monitor and Omega drivers were working just fine . Vids played great at 1920 x 1200 super . Stretched widescreen movies to fill the screen no probs , .avi files played same .
Now I got black bands down each side of the monitor , big thick ones . Don't matter what player I use .

uninstalled Omega and ATI stuff with the un-installer from Guru , cleaned out files etc , used CC Cleaner and re-installed Omega and ATI stuff Several Times . Played around with settings and settings on players . No joy still got thick black bands down sides of monitor .

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(insert crying smilie )

Thanks in advance folk . keeps fingers crossed . Knew you could help .

:D

Reaction score
Are you sure it's uninstalled fully?

I'm thinking a partial/corrupt initial uninstall could have made things crappy?

Just asking as my bro's RCT3 broke, and the reinstall required some highly obscure files to be manually deleted (though it didn't bloody tell you!).

I'm sure it isn't, just an idea.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
As sure as I can be . Followed the guide from Guru . Will have to try try try again . Funny games and everything else runs ok . Going to York for the weekend to see me mum so won't be able to reply till next week . Still open to advice though .

:confused:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Well I reinstalled the Zoom player and everything works ok again . So problem solved .
nod.gif

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
dont the black bands indicate that the video simply isnt being 'streched' to fill out the wide screen?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Your right Alf . I still have black bands on Windows Media player and the Zoom player keeps on crashing when playing movies but not when playing music . Un-installed and re-installed everything . Its a right pain me pc was running so sweet . I'm also gettting some blue streaky artifacs . I'm a bit stumped and bright ideas would be appreciated .
Off to York again as me mum needs to go to yet another funeral so I'll reply to any suggestions at the weekend .

:confused::(

Ask a Question