Help! I can't send emails but I can receive...

RilWrite

Here is the error message I keep getting...

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Starbucks Offers Free Coffee for
Homeschool Parents', Account: 'IMAP', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol:
SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B

sunnibear57

I can't find the same identical problem, but similar ones have given me
helpful hints. I had been using NetZero's server for my mail, and decided to
move it over to Outlook. I transferred everything okay, and can receive mail
fine, but sending mail is another thing! Here's the error message I get:

-- The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be

The rejected e-mail address was 'netzero.net'. Subject 'Re: ', Account:
'sunnibear57', Server: 'smtp.netzero.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response:
'553 Domain name required', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553,
Error Number: 0x800CCC78

Any suggestions on what I need to do?
Mrs Mac

Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I]

Incomplete To: address. It needs to be (some recipient
username)@netzero.net. The error is coming from the SMTP server - it
cannot find an "@" in the To address, do it believes "netzero.net" is a user
name and wants to know what domain this user is at (@).

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- (e-mail address removed)

I can't find the same identical problem, but similar ones have given me
helpful hints. I had been using NetZero's server for my mail, and decided
move it over to Outlook. I transferred everything okay, and can receive
mail
fine, but sending mail is another thing! Here's the error message I get:

-- The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be

The rejected e-mail address was 'netzero.net'. Subject 'Re: ', Account:
'sunnibear57', Server: 'smtp.netzero.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server
Response:
'553 Domain name required', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553,
Error Number: 0x800CCC78

Any suggestions on what I need to do?
Mrs Mac

Hal Hostetler said:
See if this helps:

http://groups.google.com/group/Gmai.../9dce28c8ec7b852f/58a34844270a7c8f?lnk=gst&q=
error message Number: 0x800CCC0B - Message Delivery | Google Groups

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- (e-mail address removed)

sunnibear57

I'm not very intelligent when it comes to what needs to go where - I went
into the Tools menu, then the Accounts menu, then after selecting my e-mail
account, then selected the Properties menu. Next, do I need the Servers menu?
Where do I put my e-mail address and whatever other information is needed?
--
Mrs Mac

Hal Hostetler said:
See if this helps:

http://groups.google.com/group/Gmai.../9dce28c8ec7b852f/58a34844270a7c8f?lnk=gst&q=
error message Number: 0x800CCC0B - Message Delivery | Google Groups

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- (e-mail address removed)

Here is the error message I keep getting...

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Starbucks Offers Free Coffee
for
Homeschool Parents', Account: 'IMAP', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com',
Protocol:
SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B

Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I]

The netzero SMTP server is telling you that you have not correctly entered
the email address of the person you're sending this email TO. You correct
this by entering the complete, correct email address of your recipient on
the "To:" line of a new email message. This has nothing to do with your
account settings. If you're sending an email to "Joe" and he uses
"netzero.net" as his email provider/ISP, your To: line should say
(e-mail address removed).

Hal
--

Hal Hostetler said:
Incomplete To: address. It needs to be (some recipient
username)@netzero.net. The error is coming from the SMTP server - it
cannot find an "@" in the To address, do it believes "netzero.net" is a
user
name and wants to know what domain this user is at (@).

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- (e-mail address removed)

"(e-mail address removed)"
<[email protected]>
wrote in message
I can't find the same identical problem, but similar ones have given me
helpful hints. I had been using NetZero's server for my mail, and
decided
move it over to Outlook. I transferred everything okay, and can
receive
mail
fine, but sending mail is another thing! Here's the error message I
get:

-- The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not
be
problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read
the
"I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help
determining
the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service
provider.

: