HELP, HELP, HELP!!!

I have a SQL database backend with an Access database frontend. I have a
table in Access that is a linked table from SQL. I have a webform via
FrontPage. Users are suppose to input information into this webform and
press send/submit button. When they do that, the information is suppose to go
into the Access database and send a person an email letting them know that
someone has just submitted data into the database. When the person hits the
submit button that button looks at a file called "email.asp". This asp file
tells the button what to do. But, guess what everyone...it's not working.
Help.
I am getting the error message:
"Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not find file
'(unknown)'.
/IssuesDB/email.asp, line 17"

I called Microsoft and they want to charge me $300.00. I don't have that
kind of money right now because I am in school. Any help at all would be
great!

Thank you sooooooooo much!!

/db

Pinal-1

Well, not too sure if there's enough info, but hmmm...

It looks like either Access is not able to find the "email.asp" file,
possible right issue on the folder where the "email.asp" file is stored, or
the active server page is loaded onto a server that doesn't have IIS
running.

Just a few things to check.

"SQL, Access, FrontPage, IIS, ODBC, ASP" <SQL, Access, FrontPage, IIS, ODBC,
news:[email protected]...

I have a connection string called Database1, which I got through Front Page;
so, is there a way of checking to make sure Access is communicating with the
"email.asp" file?
IIS s running if I can view the website via a virtual directory in IIS right?

Pinal-1 said:
[...]

Dirk Goldgar

FrontPage, IIS, ODBC, (e-mail address removed)> wrote in message
[...]

It looks to me as though the error is being raised by line 17 of the
email.asp file. Have you looked at the code on that line? My best
guess is that there's something wrong with the connection string being
used in that file, but that's only a guess. This seems to be an ASP
question, not really and Access question, so you may want to post it one
of the ASP groups.

Okay, thanks! I will try that.

/db

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com

(please reply to the newsgroup)

This is the new error message now. I am assumming I am getting closer to
finding the answer, right?

/Thanks

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] '(unknown)' is not a valid path.
Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected
to the server on which the file resides.
/IssuesDB/email.asp, line 17

SQL said:
Okay, thanks! I will try that.

/db

Dirk Goldgar said:
[...]

Could you post the text of the .asp file - but an .asp newsgroup may give
you better results.
"SQL, Access, FrontPage, IIS, ODBC, ASP"
This is the new error message now. I am assumming I am getting closer to
finding the answer, right?

/Thanks

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] '(unknown)' is not a valid path.
Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are
connected
to the server on which the file resides.
/IssuesDB/email.asp, line 17

SQL said:
Okay, thanks! I will try that.

/db

Dirk Goldgar said:
[...]

This is a little outside my area of expertise, but assuming you're using
a DSN for your connection, make sure that when you set up the DSN you
specify a UNC path to the database, not a mapped drive letter.

Guys,

Thanks for your help! With all of your help it helped me fix the error
message. For anyone who has been following this thread here is what I did to
make it work.

Because I was using a linked table in Access, I could not use a access
system DSN; so, what I had to do was change the data source from an access
data source to a sql data source. Then, I had to reconnect my global.asa
file. After that, probably the most important thing was that I had to do was
name the ODBC connection as "LocalServer". This is what the global.asa looks
for, if you are using a linked table in access from a sql database.

Now, I am trying to input data into a database, which it is doing, as well
as email a confirmation page to a user that is specified in the "email.asp"
file. The email piece is not wokring right now and this is the last piece
that i have to get working. Here is the .asp code that I am using:

Dim myCDONTSMail
Dim strFrom
Dim strTo
Dim strSubject
Dim strBody
strFrom = "(e-mail address removed)"
strTo = "(e-mail address removed)"
strSubject = "Someone Has Submitted a Helpdesk Request"
strBody="The following information was submitted:" & Chr(13)
strBody = strBody & Request.Form("Entered_By_Fname") & " "
strBody = strBody & Request.Form("Enter_By_Lname")
strBody = strBody & Chr(13) & Request.Form("Date_1") & Chr(13)
strBody = strBody & Request.Form("Title") & Chr(13)
strBody = strBody & Request.Form("Description") & Chr(13)
strBody = strBody & Chr(13) & "Thank you for submitting your data."
Set myCDONTSMail = CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
myCDONTSMail.From = strFrom
myCDONTSMail.To = strTo
myCDONTSMail.Subject = strSubject
myCDONTSMail.Body = strBody
'myCDONTSMail.Send
myCDONTSMail.Send strFrom,strTo,strSubject,strBody
Set myCDONTSMail = Nothing
%>

Help please!!

/db