HELP ! Heatsink problem

Reaction score
Heya dudes !!! HELP needed QUICKLY !!!

I am trying to put the heatsink on my friends CPU ... but it just doesn't go in !!! The hinges are not clipping on i guess ... one side clips on and hen the other like ... just doesn't quite reach it kinda ....

Please help my dad is trying it now aswell ... :S

Reaction score
Don't worry i THINK i have done it now :S lol

Sorry !!! hehe gunna try putting the HDD in now ...

Reaction score
lol, it's just having the confidence to just on the heatsink! some of them are really awkward.

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Some heatsink retention clips do require quite a lot of force to secure them properly. This is not necesarrily a bad thing because at least you'll know it is held down securely.

As Techy just mentioned though, there is a certain degree of confidence required to apply so much pressure to some versions. :)

Reaction score
AMD Athlon ones are EVIL!!! you just hope the screwdriver dosen't slip off the clip and take out a capactor...!!

Dont know what A64 ones are like, P4 ones are cool.

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
P4's do tend to clip in pretty easy, although the one on my Freezer 4 cooler (see the review in user review), was a little tricky simply due to having to reach blindly around the mammoth cooler to mount the clips. :)

Ask a Question