Windows XP help computer crash

Reaction score
Windows could not startbecause the following file is missing or corrupt:
\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

you can attempt to repair this file by starting windows setup using the orginal setup CD-ROM,
select 'r' at the first screen to start repair

I know most people in here know the solution to this problem, but here is the twist

not only do i not have the cd. but my computer does not have a cd drive.

Nice computer right. Well it wasn't my choice. the former school i attended made them mandatory class room material. all of the software was installed by them and paid for by me. NICE SCHOOL HUH?

and one more twist. i graduated from this school two years ago and they switched the brand of computers they deal with the year after i bought this one. to ones that have a CD drive.

So im thinking my computer has been turned into a paper weight. Am i correct?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCR

Well, one can buy a CD drive, internal or external very cheaply, then borrow a Windows CD off a friend making sure you use Home for Home & Pro for Pro.

You will have a "sticker" on your system somewhere with your key, use that & not your friends. :thumb:

Name & shame the school, we'd love to know who the idiots are, save sending our children and save money. ;)

:user:

Reaction score
yea well wont the disk drive not be configured to my computer and need to be installed?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
wag4604 said:
yea well wont the disk drive not be configured to my computer and need to be installed?
Nope, no "configuration" needed, you may, however, have to tell the BIOS to boot from CDRom drive.

:user:

Ask a Question