Help - Can this be done?

G

H

I am working on a problem at work whereby I want to print a choice of two documents depending on the data in a spreadsheet

Basically, I have a spreadsheet of client info with column A being the client_ID (Unique field). Column U contains information as to whether a client had a loan in Feb 2003. Column V states whether a client is due a loan in 2004. Some of the clients have a Feb 2003 loan and are NOT due a 2004 loan, some have a 2003 loan and ARE due a 2004 loan and some are new clients that are due a 2004 loan but did not receive a 2003 loan

Each client will be receiving 1 of 2 types of a 1 page letter. What I would like to do if possible is to write the 2 letters in one document, ie, have letter type 1 on page 1 and letter type 2 on page 2. I would then like to be able to merge info into this document and when it prints, I would like the printer to only print page 1 or page 2 of the letter for the relevant client

For example, if client 1 had a loan in 2003 and is not due 1 in 2004, I would like this client to have page 1 printed out whereas if client 2 is due a loan in 2004 but did not receive a loan in 2003, I would like this client to have page 2 printed out. The colums U & V will either have 0 or a loan amount so I would somehow like the formula/code to work out the process based on this, unless of course there is a better way

To confuse matters further, there are people on the list who did not receive a loan in 2003 and are not due a loan in 2004. I would like these people to be ignored completely and not have any letter printed.

There are going to be a few calculations to the spreadsheet to work out interest etc but a general idea on if this is possible or not will help me greatly

Thanks in advance

D

Doug Robbins - Word MVP - DELETE UPPERCASE CHARACT

Should be possible with mailmerge using some If fields and IncludeText
fields.

--
Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions forwarded
directly to me will only be answered on a paid consulting basis.
Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Ask a Question