Hello Microsoft! I found a glitch! Please read! (Maybe a SP3 fix?)

I discovered a glitch in Windows XP Professional, and most likley in
Home too! It's nothing important, but it's just one of those things that can
be annoying! I'm not sure if anyone else knows about this or not. Well, Here
it is.

Okay, first enable the Silver theme in the display properties'
appearance tab. Then, go to the Start Menu button, no need to click it, just
hover over it, and if you look really close at the top right of this button,
there is a tiny pink dot! It's very hard to see, just hover on/off repeatedly
and you will eventually see it!

Remember, you must be using the Silver theme to see this!

One more thing! It's much easier to see it, -in fact, you can't miss it
at all- if you use the Windows Magnifier! Just hover over the top right
corner of the Start Menu button, look at the Magnifier's picture of it, and
you can't miss this! I would post a screenshot if I knew how!

Keep in mind, I am using Service Pack 2 with all other updates!

So, Microsoft, maybe you wanna fix this in a Service Pack 3?

;)

Thanks for reading!

-Peter "syn0pz" Schweitzer

JBM

syn0pz said:
[...]

I don't see it. This isn't a problem with your monitor is it?
Are you using a flat panel monitor that has a dead pixel?

Jim M

JBM

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
It's there. Cept it's on the taskbar not the button.

Yea, I just checked again and I see it.

Jim M

Keith Miller

probably one bit off from magenta...that's the transparent color for most .msstyles bitmaps.

Keith

Gordon

syn0pz said:
I discovered a glitch in Windows XP Professional, and most likley in
Home too! It's nothing important, but it's just one of those things that can
be annoying! I'm not sure if anyone else knows about this or not. Well, Here
it is.

Okay, first enable the Silver theme

My bog-standard install of XP Pro and SP2 doesn't HAVE a "silver" theme.
is this one you've downloaded from somewhere?

JBM

Gordon said:
My bog-standard install of XP Pro and SP2 doesn't HAVE a "silver" theme.
is this one you've downloaded from somewhere?

I was wondering at first too.
What he means is color scheme under display properties / appearance.

Jim M

Gordon

JBM said:
I was wondering at first too.
What he means is color scheme under display properties / appearance.

Jim M
That's where I looked - I don't have "silver" there either.

kurttrail

syn0pz said:
[...]

Can we get your feeding tube pulled?

--
Peace!
Kurt

SG

That pink dot is droppings from the Energizer Bunny, after all Easter was
just a few days ago.

Amazing how a pink dot can create such a thread. Thank goodness is wasn't a
green square, purple circle or a red half moon.

All the best,

Testy

I discovered a glitch in Windows XP Professional, and most likley in
Home too! It's nothing important, but it's just one of those things that can
be annoying! I'm not sure if anyone else knows about this or not. Well, Here
it is.

-Peter "syn0pz" Schweitzer

PLEASE do not Drink and Surf!

Testy

Gordon

Gordon said:
Right-click on Desktop, Properties, Appearance Tab, Color Scheme.

Interestingly, my laptop, which is ALSO a bog-standard Retail install of
XP Pro and SP2 HASN'T GOT IT EITHER.

kurttrail

Gordon said:
Interestingly, my laptop, which is ALSO a bog-standard Retail install
of XP Pro and SP2 HASN'T GOT IT EITHER.

Your OEM probably removed it over the pink dot problem.

This is got to be the STUPIDEST thread of the week!

--

kurttrail said:
Your OEM probably removed it over the pink dot problem.

This is got to be the STUPIDEST thread of the week!

You're right! It is stupid. The XP installation on my laptop is not OEM
though.........