muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
nice 'ear, innit. :)

now to go explore what this OS is all about ... apps apps & more apps. :lol:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
How are you liking it so far Mucks? Do you think you will be making the switch on your primary rigs?

Lucky old you I am still waiting :(
Hmm... I had that little Win 10 icon sitting in the notification area for about a week... this morning, it has disappeared. Goodness knows where it's "hiding" - searching doesn't appear to find it. :lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I think its good, theres a few settings that need your initial attention, privacy related.

The new WiFi sharing is of utmost importance to check or you might find its sharing your wifi passwords with your contacts on Outlook/Hotmail/Skype etc. not good imo and can see it being removed in the future.

Other than that its good, very fast, might be even faster when I do a fresh install.

muckshifter

Reaction score
update

got chrome and Google setup, using Win 10's mail
How are you liking it so far Mucks? Do you think you will be making the switch on your primary rigs?

Hmm... I had that little Win 10 icon sitting in the notification area for about a week... this morning, it has disappeared. Goodness knows where it's "hiding" - searching doesn't appear to find it. :lol:

yes, I am seriously considering the move to Win 10 ... however, I'm not keen on some facts with it, no default Notepad? you have to have an MS account to go get/use one from the 'shop' ... huh!!!

also, as V_R has said, look under the hood for what could be a nastie surprise, it is very easy to check any settings ... and, it's a laptop, not a bloody phone MS. :rolleyes:

you know your icon has gone now because win 10 is now live, so, no need to 'reserve' it! don't be in a rush if you haven't got a "spare" system to go play on. :)

:user:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You keep saying that....

There will be no Win 11

muckshifter

Reaction score
I found NotePad ... :blush:

just press the WinKey and type 'notepad' & press enter ... that actually works for nearly every accessories program.

Now I need Win 10 drivers for me R.A.T ... :rolleyes:

muckshifter

Reaction score
I spent nearly £300 on a new pair of glasses, but never turned the mouse over, err, RAT, to remove the protective sticker over the laser light ... while there are no actually Win 10 drivers, per-say, the 'old' Win 7/8 drivers do work.

Sorry Mad Catz ... I blame Floppybootstomp :nod:

:blush: :rolleyes: need another coffee :sleep:

:wave:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Don't be in a rush to 'upgrade' to Window 10 if you operate Win 7 ... those of you that have Win 8/8.1, hell yeah, grab it now!

MHO

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Don't be in a rush to 'upgrade' to Window 10 if you operate Win 7 ... those of you that have Win 8/8.1, hell yeah, grab it now!

MHO

I have Win 7, which I like, and will not change to Win 10 for some considerable time. I will wait till all the bugs are sorted and I'm sure the change over will be much smoother later in the year. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well you have a year to take up the free upgrade, so you have a bit of time.

Personally I'd say go for it, then go thought the FAQ I posted and tweak a few bits.

Job done. :)

muckshifter

Reaction score
Bugs?

just like waiting for the next best thing in hardware, waiting for 'all' the bugs to be fixed in an OS will take forever! :)

There are 'bugs' in Win 7, that, unless they are of a critical nature, I doubt very much that MS will do anything about them. You will, however, continue to get 'critical security fixes' for a few years yet ... Win 10 is their new baby now.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
you know your icon has gone now because win 10 is now live, so, no need to 'reserve' it! don't be in a rush if you haven't got a "spare" system to go play on. :)
Interestingly, this morning my little icon returned. When I booted-up, it was sitting there as if it had been there the whole time lol.

I'm not averse to the idea of Win 10, but, I think I feel inclined to wait a tad longer, if only to take some time to familiarise myself with some of the FAQs and tweaks in @V_R's thread and this one. :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'm not averse to the idea of Win 10, but, I think I feel inclined to wait a tad longer, if only to take some time to familiarise myself with some of the FAQs and tweaks in @V_R's thread and this one. :thumb:

Speaking of, I've just updated it and given it a bit of a tidy. :)

Reaction score
If I am completely honest I am thinking of downloading W10 removing that hard drive and doing a fresh install on a spare drive of a flavour of Linux. At the moment I am investigating a flavour called Makulu 10 64bit, it looks promising:confused::eek::nod::lol::thumb:

Ask a Question