Hdd Password

Reaction score
HELP
My daughter recently was doing her collage homework on her laptop Toshiba satellite Pro 6070 PS610E-NGYT3-EN,When the screen went blank ,we have tried a couple of times to reboot laptop,but always shows the same thing as below,

1. toshiba logo
2. black screen, then in the top left corner of the screen -Built in HDD PASSWORD.

It never get as far as booting in windows sip.

Can anybody help please with this.

many thanks

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
You will need to contact Toshiba on how to circumvent their "security" feature.

Know, the only person who can get in your notebook is you.

Toshiba EasyGuard® Secure helps defend your notebook against unauthorized access, theft and viral attacks. Our exclusive combination of advanced security features protects your notebook at multiple levels to ensure that your confidential data stays that way.
http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/ebtext.to?page=360_secure

Users must have the USB A-Key and know their personal password to unlock the notebook. It's extra security that is also easy to use, easy to manage and cost effective. HDLock also provides a simple registration and recovery option in the event a user loses their A-Key or password
Year, right ... only if you RTFM :rolleyes:

However, it may be as simple as using the default that Toshiba tend to use ... Toshiba ... best I can offer without paying money out.

Of course, if you have acquired this laptop by other means, we cannot help.

user.gif

Ask a Question