Windows 7 have IE7 ,must I go to IE9

Reaction score
I have windows vista home basic , and IE7 the last time I did a restore with a vista factory disk my windows up date was consistantley asking me to up date to service pack1 then service pack 2 and finally IE9 ,so I followed through and had the IE9 for a few months then everything started to get jammed up , so can I just keep my IE7 and how do I stop windows up date from going any further than service pack 1, because I know that when it askes for service pack 2 its definalty going to ask to up date to IE9 ?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
It would be best to install Service Pack 2 as your computer will be more secure.
In Windows updates you can select not to install IE9. Once all the updates and Service Pack 2 have installed just turn off Automatic Updates. Although it is best to keep you Vista up to date. While some people don't like IE 9 and prefer the older browsers, I have found that a lot of sites don't work properly with older browsers now days.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
IE9 is vastly superior to IE7, if you got to use IE, use IE9

http://news.softpedia.com/newsImage/IE9-vs-IE8-vs-IE7-3.png/

Having said that, however, one can technically "uninstall" IE and use an even better browser like Google Chrome or even one of the other catch-up browsers.

That last comment is designed as an inflammatory remark that should invoke some response to that "other" leading browser. :D

Now, bear in mind you are running Vista, Vista Basic to be precise, that is only one step up from XP .

:user:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Must say actually, i've been using Chrome for the last few days as a tester..... I quite like it! Coming from a huge Firefox/Waterfox fan thats a big deal! :D

Ask a Question