Have I been Conned

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Reading the specs for this on the site you linked to it seems as though this pc is able to let you watch TV . So there must be software on the pc . Have you looked in Add + Remove programs to see whats listed ??

user.gif

Reaction score
The laptop advertised is supposed to come with an antenna port and a E-SATA drive port there is no software on there for TV and no ports

Reaction score
The media center did not pick any tuner up, Thanks for helping me to resolve this Ian, as I am getting no Joy from ASUS

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Your original link does not mention a E-Sata port ?? Have you had a look in "Device Manager " to see if the TV card is mentioned ??
Seems a bit obvious but have you been in touch with micr Direct ??

:confused:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
OK, firstly an E-SATA port is not specified either in the spec at MicroDirect or on the Asus site -so it doesn't have it and you have not been conned on that.

Regarding the DVB, the spec at MicroDirect says "With build-in-DVB-T (Digital Video Broadcasting-Terrestrial) feature, wireless TV broadcast is POSSIBLE right out of the notebook" - now that can mean although it is possible, you may still need something more to make it work.

I see on the Spec Sheet on the Asus site it says the same thing about it being 'possible' for that model and that under 'Interface' it says: 1 x TV RF in (Optional) - note the word 'optional'. Now I don't know if this is correct or not, but I suspect you may need this optional interface to get it working.

I suggest you contact Asus and ask: 0870 1208340 :thumb:

Reaction score
I called Asus and they said this was Optional, so Mine does not have it installed. I asked them if mine could be upgraded and they said no.

Ask a Question