Has anyone Fixed the Weather Gadget Yet?

My weather gadget stopped updating last saturday. I can tell by the 3 day
forecast. Have tried removing/adding to/from sidebar, and even removed the
settings.ini file and nothing works. I get correct info in celcius, and from
other close-by towns.

Bob

appa69 said:
My weather gadget stopped updating last saturday. I can tell by the 3 day
forecast. Have tried removing/adding to/from sidebar, and even removed
the
settings.ini file and nothing works. I get correct info in celcius, and
from
other close-by towns.

Maybe try another gadget..I'm using one from Weather Bug and it works great.
Updates itself every hour or when you run the mouse cursor over it. It's
available from here:
http://microsoftgadgets.com/gallery
Bob

Chad Harris

Appa69--

I wasn't aware there was a bug. But I have seen threads on the Weather
Gadget and I guess they were on bugs. I wasn't using the sidebar for
months, but the calendar, and the inreased gadgets can be pretty useful. I
am using a digital weather gadget on the Vista sidebar,and a couple times
last week, it wasn't available for my city and I just reinstalled it a few
hours later both times and it has been working fine since.

I find the "notepad" gadget handy, because you can store an endless amount
of notes and it saves me a little time opening up notepad.

CH

This gadget is run from reports from weather stations in your area, it maybe
possible that the station in your area is not working.

TommyRox

Try using thehttp://www.accuweather.comWeather Gadget instead of the Built
in Microsoft Weather Gadget, it's much better (it even gives you Severe
Weather Alerts), Just FYI.

My issue with Weather gadget is that my hometown of Flower Mound, TX
will reflect the correct temp on all other profiles but mine - mine is
stuck on 78 degrees - any help?

Thomas Goodson

I've been having a similar problem, My hometown weather is "stuck" at 22
degrees. If I change to any of several nearby towns, I get current weather.
If I logon as another user on this computer or as myself at another
computer, it work just great. It seems from this, that the problem is
somehow attached to the local profile on this machine. Ideas?

mikeyhsd

what makes you think that the weather gadget is doing anything else except displaying the data available from the weather bureau.
call NOAA and complain.

(e-mail address removed)@sport.rr.com

I've been having a similar problem, My hometown weather is "stuck" at 22
degrees. If I change to any of several nearby towns, I get current weather.
If I logon as another user on this computer or as myself at another
computer, it work just great. It seems from this, that the problem is
somehow attached to the local profile on this machine. Ideas?

It's MSN and they have far more detailed forecasts where I live than BOM (Australian Bureau of Meteorology). EXCEPT all measurements are in imperial and Australia became metric 30 years ago.

EG Compare MS weather with BOM

MS
http://weather.msn.com/local.aspx?wealocations=wc:ASXX0112&src=vista
BOM
Forcast - http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDN10064.txt
Current - http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDN65066.shtml

Remember it is difficult to access MSN for Australians as most MSN addresses get redirected back to NINEMSN (50% owned by MS).
what makes you think that the weather gadget is doing anything else except displaying the data available from the weather bureau.
call NOAA and complain.

(e-mail address removed)@sport.rr.com

I've been having a similar problem, My hometown weather is "stuck" at 22
degrees. If I change to any of several nearby towns, I get current weather.
If I logon as another user on this computer or as myself at another
computer, it work just great. It seems from this, that the problem is
somehow attached to the local profile on this machine. Ideas?

mikeyhsd

MS does not read BOM data, it reads NOAA data.

<.> wrote in message It's MSN and they have far more detailed forecasts where I live than BOM (Australian Bureau of Meteorology). EXCEPT all measurements are in imperial and Australia became metric 30 years ago.

[...]

Lilo Lentz

Could it have anything to do with the Daylight Savings update?
"mikeyhsd" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelelsen MS does not read BOM data, it reads NOAA data.

[...]

I know, but why is the americian govt so concerned with my weather. Thanks
anyway. Good to see your taxes do something for me.
[...]

no one asked you to use the weather gadget.
if it does not suit your purpose, then use something else.