hard drive makes noise clicking?

Reaction score
I hear the clicking sound of my hard drive. .?

when I change a site with the mouse or even click on a site I'm on I hear this sound from my Dell 531 PC tower, it sounds like the hard drive is clicking only when using Vista home basic and IE7 , yet when I switch to Fire Fox there isn't any clicking . would performing a volume fix and cleaning correct this on my c drive?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I take it you are hearing a click when you are using Internet Explorer ?
That's not your hard drive. That's internet Explorer. Every time you click on a link etc it will make a clicking sound. Turn your speakers off and you won't hear it, unless your Dell has an internal speaker :D

Reaction score
I take it you are hearing a click when you are using Internet Explorer ?
That's not your hard drive. That's internet Explorer. Every time you click on a link etc it will make a clicking sound. Turn your speakers off and you won't hear it, unless your Dell has an internal speaker :D
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

thank you , however where do i locate the turn off feature ?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
well, you "look" under Windows Explorer to manage sounds. :)

1. Click the "Start" menu and select the "Control Panel."

2. Select "Sound, Speech, and Audio Devices." Select the "Sounds and Audio Devices" icon. The "Sounds and Audio Devices Properties" dialog appears.

3. Select the "Sounds" tab.

4. Scroll down to the "Windows Explorer" heading in the Program Events list.

5. Select "Start Navigation," then change the "Sounds" field to "None."

6. Click the "Apply" button and "OK." The clicking sound has been silenced.

Read more: How to Turn off the Clicking Sound in Internet Explorer | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4522423_off-clicking-sound-internet-explorer.html#ixzz27SohytkE

Reaction score
its normal if it is making less sound but if it is making too much sound and as well as making sound while your opening any program this is not normal you should backup your data well in advance

Ask a Question