Hard drive error

Discussion in 'Windows XP Hardware' started by Clayton, May 1, 2005.

  1. Clayton

    Clayton Guest

    Hi,
    I ran a hard drive diagnostic on a Fujitsu MHT2060AT hard drive and got the
    following error message

    FAIL

    There was an error in saving the log file to the HDD.

    Error Code : A198T4

    Please contact Fujitsu Customer Support for repair.

    This drive is only 3 days old

    Thanks

    Clayton, May 1, 2005

  2. If it's 3 days old, then do as it says - contact Customer Support.

    --

    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

    http://www.google.com
    Google is your "Friend"

    Star Fleet Admiral Q, May 1, 2005

  3. Clayton

    Keith Guest

    "Clayton" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I ran a hard drive diagnostic on a Fujitsu MHT2060AT hard drive and got
    > the following error message
    >

    > FAIL
    >
    > There was an error in saving the log file to the HDD.
    >
    > Error Code : A198T4
    >
    > Please contact Fujitsu Customer Support for repair.
    >
    > This drive is only 3 days old
    >

    > Thanks

    Was it working Ok before yer ran the diagnostic?

    Keith, May 1, 2005
  4. Clayton

    It happens.. so what did Customer Support suggest?

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\), May 1, 2005
  5. Clayton

    Clayton Guest

    They have no idea, but I tried the dive in a desktop system and the
    diagnostic software seems to work ok but not in my Latitude D610 notebook.

    Clayton, May 2, 2005
  6. Clayton

    Sean O'Keefe Guest

    You are so ****ing mean boy!!!