hard drive error

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
While it's not new, we could actually do this on SCSI drives, I just fried an egg on the Old Girl's hard drive ... no, I'm not joshing, well I didn't actually do it, but I got me fingers burnt. ouch! :rolleyes:

Bugger ... had to buy a new DVDRW, now I need a new HD. :(

I was toying with the idea of putting OpenSuse (10.2) back on her anyway, and moving XP to the MJW pc ... never have been happy why the return points were lower than Windows, may as well go do it now.

Damn blast & little fishies. :wall:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Has it gone completely or just really hot? :(

muckshifter

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Has it gone completely or just really hot? :(
Really HOT ... not quite gone, but it may not be long ... running a CHKDSK now, so far its taken 35mins :rolleyes: no errors yet, but I'm not holding my breath.

I actually noticed it yesterday ... HD light was on permanently, although everything seemed normal, I rebooted and it went off ... this morning, the same thing, only this time a reboot gave me a BSOD, which was easy enough to interpret.

Not looking good ... HDs ain't that dear, will get a new one and maybe use this as a temp storage.

I'm doing myself a Roast Beef dinner, cheer myself up. :D

Reaction score
Crikey Mucks... didnt you notice it or suspect anything beforehand? surely your overall temperature was higher than normal?...

Reaction score
michael 118 said:
Crikey Mucks... didnt you notice it or suspect anything beforehand? surely your overall temperature was higher than normal?...

Yep he burnt his finger:D Naw joking aside good luck me old mucker;) hope its ok

muckshifter

Reaction score
michael 118 said:
Crikey Mucks... didn't you notice it or suspect anything beforehand? surely your overall temperature was higher than normal?...
Nope! I don't "monitor" the Old Girl ALL the time ... it is tucked away in a corner of my Hovel, I only noticed the HD light on all the time when the sun went down. I don't have a lot of room around here. ;)

I have her back up & running, with SpeedFan, and temps are well within spec ... funny huh ... however, I haven't re-started her crunchin.

Nice-n-warm today innit. :D

Ask a Question