HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Reaction score
Oh yes as it's the 24th we can mention CHRISTMAS now!
Royal safe journey down, will be near tomorrow.
TC have a good one.
In fast hope everyone has a good festive time.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
hohoho.gif

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas
:cheers: :D:cheers:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you are all enjoying the festive season. Whatever you're up to I hope you have a wonderful time :D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I hope everyone had a good Christmas! We were up in the North East, seeing Ian's family. It has been really mild here in Manchester, so we were expecting it to be the same there - boy, were we wrong!! Brrrr.

I got Ian some Gallium as a Christmas pressie, it's fascinating stuff. It's metal that melts in your hand but it's not toxic to handle like mercury, and also massively corrodes aluminium. Here's a video showing what it can do (watch to the end to see what it does to a heatsink)

:thumb:

Reaction score
Reminds me of a few years ago bought my God Daughter as science kit.
Bit worried when it said nothing toxic or dangerous in the kit?
In my days acid and led pain was all the rage, seem these days acid is out!
You have all gone soft, lead paint in the tonka toy never effected me, much!!:p

Reaction score
Reminds me of a few years ago bought my God Daughter as science kit.
Bit worried when it said nothing toxic or dangerous in the kit?
In my days acid and led pain was all the rage, seem these days acid is out!
You have all gone soft, lead paint in the tonka toy never effected me, much!!:p

It is all Health & Safety these days and PC's, mobiles, tablets etc. Where have the traditional games gone, chain he, conkers, playing in the fields & woods and making camps all gone because of H& S:cry:
I live in the country and you never see children out and having adventures, so much has changed in the last 60 years:confused::(:mad:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Where have the traditional games gone, chain he, conkers, playing in the fields & woods and making camps all gone because of H& S:cry:

I don't know about whether H&S is entirely responsible - I think it's probably the rise of technology is more of a distraction and kids would rather stay in than go out and play. My niece is very active and loves the outdoors, but give her a choice between that and playing on her iPad or PlayStation and she would pick the tech hands down.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Aye, what Becky said, I've seen that.

I have observed there's definitely less of youngsters getting outdoors and maybe to an extent losing that sense of discovery and adventure. But I could be wrong.

Oh, to recall the joys of being chased by farmers and parkies 'Gerroff moi land!' and falling twenty feet through canopies of tree branches to bounce off the ground. Sheer joy :)

Ask a Question