Half window

Robert Follis

I recently updated my windows XP Home Edition to SP2. All seemed good
until I tried to open my printer preference window. Half the window is there
the other is not, no sliders appear to give me access and the window cannot
be resized to pull more in. This is preventing me from accessing my advanced
settings and photo settings. The problem isn't just with my printer
preferences, apparently any preference type window which more that 5 inches
wide is cut off. any ideas?

Anando [MS-MVP]

Hi Robert,

This might happen if you have increased the DPI settings from the default value (96) to some larger
value. Right click on the desktop and select properties. Flip to the settings tab and click on
advanced. On the general tab, select Normal size (96) from the DPI settings drop-down menu. Ok your
way out. Hope this helps.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

zulu

I have the same problem.
Unfortunately, if I reduce to 96 dpi (from 150%) I can't read it...
So now what??

David Candy

Install compatable software. It's been at least 12 years since dialogs were required to operate at non standard sizes.

zulu

That tells me precisely zilch.
In Janet & John language _please_....

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Install compatable software. It's been at least 12 years since dialogs were
required to operate at non standard sizes.

zulu

I have tried _many_ settings, and my current ones _generally_ suit me fine,
although I still have big problems with things like *Properties* windows,
and with reading the screens for ZoneAl;arm, AdAware etc.

Back to the subject though...
When I get a window that is too tall for the screen, I am familiar with
using *Alt+Space*, and then *M* and then the direction keys to move the
window around, BUT, the second I touch the mouse to click on what is now
revealed at the bottom, the cursor grabs the top again ...

Arrggghhhhhhh.

--
¦ zulu ¦
Dell Dimension XPS-T700r, 512 MB RAM, XP Pro. SP2, 21" CRT

zulu

Like WindowXP you mean?

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Don't use faulty programs.

David Candy

The feature was introduced in Windows 3.1 at least. That was in 1982. o your program has had 12 years to update itself.

zulu

I give up.
I haven't a clue what you are on about!

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
The feature was introduced in Windows 3.1 at least. That was in 1982. o your
program has had 12 years to update itself.

zulu

No, just old and partially sighted.
I no longer have the patience to cope with people like you.
I will refrain from being rude in return.

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
It's probably why you are an idiot.

David Candy

Old and stupid. What is so difficult about understanding that you buy faulty programs.

zulu

Nothing...,except that I am still waiting for you, in yoiur apparently
infinite wisdom, to tell me those which I must avoid.
..

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Old and stupid. What is so difficult about understanding that you buy faulty
programs.

zulu

WTF would you expect me, and probably at least 90% of other end users to
know (or even care) what language a particular piece of software is written
in?
Stop showing off FFS, and either help or do the other thing.

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Anything written in Delphi for a start.

David Candy

Look f*ckhead. This has NOTHING to do with windows. Your programs are faulty. Anyone with a 1/4 of a brain would NOT change the DPI setting if interested in program compatability.

I can see f*ck all too. But I just go to appearance and make things bigger. You are just too lazy.

zulu

I have all fonts set to 12 bold in appearances as well as 150% DPI...
I CAN'T READ IT ANY SMALLER
Now, clever clogs, tell me how to make the the font bigger on the
*properties* tabs, for example.
(without reducing the resolution)

Oh why bother...
I now realise that we know EVERYTHING between the two if us...
Youi know everything EXCEPT what an arrogant arsehole you are, and I know
that..

There, you made me get cross!
ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?.

Goodbye forever