Half Life 2 Goodness

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Sweet, ill eventually get it once i get my hands on the 6600 GT when i comes out on a AGP format. Supposed to come out at the end of the month. its supposed to be around 200$ and more powerful than the Geforce 5950 Ultra, thats pretty good for the price.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
OK, I is stuck :( How the hell do you get out of the Route Kanal level?

I just come across some radioactive lake on that hydrofoil thingie, worked my way through some camp like place, to be blocked by a rock fall. I'm figuring I have to get up on to the ramshackle roof there and make my over via a railway running at a higher level - right or wrong?

Anyway, I've spent a couple of hours trying to progress, but it would appear I is well and truly stuck :confused:

Anybody have any hints or tips?

PS: I haven't come across the anti gravity gun yet - is that where I'm going wrong? Have I missed it?

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I cant remember that far back flopps, but if you put up a print screen of were abouts your stuck, and some things around it, it might refresh my memory.

Im in the buggie now, which is pretty darn realistic the way it handles n rides.

You wait till you get that gravity gun, you wont wanna use a normal gun ;).

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Reef, here’s a few shots of where I’m up to. I have just used the aeroboat/hydrofoil to travel there. Prior to this level, I came through a water map.

Pic 1 – What I arrived on.

Pic 2 – A closer look down that tunnel, it’s a dead end with a dock.

Pic 3 – Where I’m headed, I’ve killed everything in there.

Pic 4 - Entrance to where rocket lands, causing rockpile and blocking progress.

Pic 5 – The rockpile.

Pic 6 – The map prior to this one.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Thats pretty early on in the airbout, ya got a good 40 more minutes or mazes n puzzles on it.

There should be a ramp somewhere, it should be pretty easy to spot as it should be pretty big as the boat needs to use it. If its not a ramp you need then its a side road somewhere. Loads of people have got stuck on the airboat part, theres a lot of ingenius puzzles to solve on the way.

Its probably one of those really obvious things you've missed, beleive me I was stuck on the boat part about 4 times before i could figure out some of the puzzle!

If you cant find the ramp/sideroad yourself then ya going to have to use www.gamefaqs.com .

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Sussed it :thumb:

Very clever :)

Didn't seek any help, just read what you said reef. Patience and perseverance.

But now I is stuck again... ;)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
The airboat levels have to be some of the best levels ive ever played on an FPS. The physics make it alot of fun ;).
attachment.php

Attachments

• Buggy Time.JPG
    Buggy Time.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 7,427
  • Buggy Time 2.JPG
    Buggy Time 2.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 587
Reaction score
Whenever i play this game i am always ponting out the parts i have seen on the trailers and when i saw the trailers i throught "I want to Play" and now that i actually have it to play it feels weird but great!

and on just i side note the game hasn't lost the abilty to make u jump lol

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I was hoping this day would never come, but im afraid it has :(. I completed Half Life 2, i didnt want it to end ever!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just bought HL2, and I'm making my way to the underground base or something - only about an hour in, but its great :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Reefsmoka said:
I was hoping this day would never come, but im afraid it has :(. I completed Half Life 2, i didnt want it to end ever!
You do get stuck in, dontcha? ;) I'm just coming to the end of the water level - and thoroughly enjoying every second of this superb game.

Play it through now on a harder level?

Or............... don't tell me you played it through first time on hard?

Tell me that isn't so... :eek:

I haven't played it at all today, been doing other stuff. Ian, no doubt you'll overtake me soon, but I no care, I like playing this game slow, it too good to rush ;)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I might try it on hard, but i enjoyed it and thought it was a good challenge on medium. I might just do it again because its such a quality game, and theres so many ways you can do things. And maybe ill take more time to explore ;). I recon you could do it in one 15 hour sitting, maybe i'll do that :p.

Reaction score
Just completed the game and what a game. but i didn't come here just to say that, what i did want to say is that the ending wasn't that good. I will try not to spoil anything but i just throught it could of been better. i still have a lot of questions

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I in Ravenholm now, having lots of fun with the Gravity gun :)

Slicing peeps in two with a rotary saw blade is fun.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just started on the "buggy" level - its hard to control with those "bugs"!

Can anyone give me an overview of the halflife story? I dont get the factions and creatures?

Kye

Reaction score
tellings of the combine and all that might be a spoiler. complete the game, since its a very short game. if you dont get it then, then ask. its a game which leaves a opening for a second, some mystery, and unanswered questions. if you dont know, most likely not many people will :)

Reaction score
HL2 the game it self is fantastic
CS: Source i was very VERY disapointed in, i was a CS 1.6 player for a few years, yes gfx were very crap but the gameplay was what made the game the most popular fps online.
With source they have improved the gfx tenfold, but at the cost of the gameplay, people who dabbled in cs 1.6 wont notice the differance but to a person who took it on as there main game it has truly been ruined, no skill is really required to kill someone now, its point and spray, no short bursts required. kinda took the fun out of it, for me anyway.
challenge is what games about

Ask a Question