Group policy

A.B.

Hi all,
I need some help understanding how to. is it possible to enable Group Policy
on a workstation and apply it to all the domain users and also local
administrators of the workstation except Domain admins?

and is it possible to copy all the info under "%system
root%\system32\GroupPolicy" to other workstations to apply the policy.

Thank you in advance.

A.

Nicholas

If your computers are part of a corporate network, it is possible
that the network administrator can configure your computers using
the features of Group Policy. The Group Policy settings applied by
your network administrator take precedence over any of the Group
Policy settings you have configured on your computers.

HOW TO: Use the Group Policy Editor to Manage
Local Computer Policy in Windows XP Professional
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307882

A Description of the Group Policy Update Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298444

HOW TO: Use Group Policy to Deploy Windows XP in a Windows 2000-Based Network
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314953

--
Nicholas

"A.B." (e-mail address removed) wrote in message:

| Hi all,
| I need some help understanding how to. is it possible to enable Group Policy
| on a workstation and apply it to all the domain users and also local
| administrators of the workstation except Domain admins?
|
| and is it possible to copy all the info under "%system
| root%\system32\GroupPolicy" to other workstations to apply the policy.
|
| Thank you in advance.
|
| A.

Carl McGeer

Thank you Nicholas for your time.
I am using a domain.
Local administrator group of the workstations contain DOMAINNAME\Domain
Users group.
if i create the policy does it apply to local administrators of the
workstations or not?

Thanks again

----------------

"A.B." (e-mail address removed) wrote in message:

| Hi all,
| I need some help understanding how to. is it possible to enable Group
Policy
| on a workstation and apply it to all the domain users and also local
| administrators of the workstation except Domain admins?
|
| and is it possible to copy all the info under "%system
| root%\system32\GroupPolicy" to other workstations to apply the policy.
|
| Thank you in advance.
|
| A.

Nicholas

HOW TO: Apply Local Policies to all Users
Except Administrators on Windows 2000 in
a Workgroup Setting
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=293655

--
Nicholas

| Thank you Nicholas for your time.
| I am using a domain.
| Local administrator group of the workstations contain DOMAINNAME\Domain
| Users group.
| if i create the policy does it apply to local administrators of the
| workstations or not?
|
| Thanks again
|
| | If your computers are part of a corporate network, it is possible
| that the network administrator can configure your computers using
| the features of Group Policy. The Group Policy settings applied by
| your network administrator take precedence over any of the Group
| Policy settings you have configured on your computers.
|
| HOW TO: Use the Group Policy Editor to Manage
| Local Computer Policy in Windows XP Professional
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307882
|
| A Description of the Group Policy Update Utility
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298444
|
| HOW TO: Use Group Policy to Deploy Windows XP in a Windows 2000-Based
| Network
| http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314953
|
| --
| Nicholas
|
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
| ----------------
|
| "A.B." (e-mail address removed) wrote in message:
| |
| | Hi all,
| | I need some help understanding how to. is it possible to enable Group
| Policy
| | on a workstation and apply it to all the domain users and also local
| | administrators of the workstation except Domain admins?
| |
| | and is it possible to copy all the info under "%system
| | root%\system32\GroupPolicy" to other workstations to apply the policy.
| |
| | Thank you in advance.
| |
| | A.
| |
| |

CZ

I need some help understanding how to. is it possible to enable Group
Policy
on a workstation and apply it to all the domain users and also local
administrators of the workstation except Domain admins?

and is it possible to copy all the info under "%system
root%\system32\GroupPolicy" to other workstations to apply the policy.

A.B.:

You do it via a domain gp policy setup via a DC.
You can use OUs to control which accts will receive domain GPO.