    all with this or is there any documentation anywhere?

    Thanks in Advance,

    Jamie

    Jamie, Feb 25, 2005

  2. You should be able to lock out the ability to install the application, via
    group policy, but I haven't done more than briefly experiment with this
    facility, and suspect that in your environment it can be circumvented. It
    might help, though..

    http://www.windowsitpro.com/Windows/Article/ArticleID/8144/8144.html

    is a general overview of group policy.

    This article appears to directly answer the question you have:

    http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6239-0.html?forumID=66&threadID=110760

    I don't believe you can prevent your users from circumventing these policies
    in your current situation, but it will take some effort on their part.
    Perhaps now is the time to try to ensure that there are some genuine teeth
    to your most important IT policies--so that it is clear that violations have
    some significant consequences?

    --
    FAQ for Microsoft Antispyware:

    Bill Sanderson, Feb 25, 2005

  3. Jamie

    JohnF. Guest

    If you are using Windows 2003 Server and your clients are using Windows XP,
    here is the info you need:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324036

    JohnF.

    JohnF., Feb 25, 2005
  4. Jamie

    Jose Natal Guest

    a group or groups, you can use a GPO and under User
    Configuration-System, select the "Don't Run Specified
    Windows Applications" and build a list containing the
    executable for it. This way, users who have installed it
    or try to install it will be blocked from running it.

    Jose Natal, Feb 28, 2005