Group Policy manager

A

abner doon

I am trying to add this at run time to my HP supplied xpe image. I have
found the files scecli.dll and sceregvl.inf and gotten the dll registered.
as i found in another thread. when i try to register gpedit.dll i get the
message "LoadLibrary(gpedit.dll) failed. The specified module count not be
found". I have verified the path. tried registering it with and without the
path, copied several versions to the machine but no luck. I am quite new to
XPe and dont want to get into Target Designer for this if i can help it.

Thanks,
David

S

Slobodan Brcin \(eMVP\)

Hi Abner,

Use dependency walker on dpedit.dll to see what files are statically linked to it.
Also use filemon for same purpose but for finding dynamic dependencies.

Other way for you would be to download XPe tools.
In TD add "Group Policy ..." components to empty project. And see registry entries and resources that they use.
Also try to manually add one level deeper components that "Group Policy ..." Depend on, and try to figure out if they are in your
image.

So if you find component(s) that is missing in your image, then you will have to follow same procedure to add them also in your
image.

Best regards,
Slobodan

K

KM

David,

You are obviously missing dependencies of the gpedit.dll in your image.
The best (easiest) way for you would be using Target Designer to explore "Group Policy Core Administration MMC Snap-In" component
dependencies. I can tell you for sure that is quite a lot of components (dll's).

Also, you can try DependencyWalker tool to find out the Group Policy Edit static and dynamic dependencies. Make sure to use
profiling within the tool IDE. If you explored the dependencies at run time, you would be able to see what's missing there.

KM

Ask a Question