Group last line of details and report footer

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I had a question concerning report designs in Access. I have checked other threads but didn't find the exact problem I am having:

I have a report for invoicing, and on the detail section it shows part numbers, description, quantity and price of an item as well as a column called "remarks".
The text in the "remarks" column can be long so I had to put a "can grow" property.

The report works well, but when the number of items reaches a particular number (11), there are 11 lines on the first page, representing the detail, but the report footer, which has a total field, which sums the price of all items, is sent to a 2nd page, alone.

I was wondering if there is a way to "group" the last line of the details section with the report footer, so that at least if the total has to go on another page it doesn't stand there alone?

Because of the "can grow" on the "remarks field" I don't think I can code a page break after a particular number of lines..

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks to all!

Alex

Ask a Question