Graphics Card Problem

Reaction score
Hello everyone .

I bought a computer a week ago with a CPU Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2140 @ 1.60GHz, 2GB RAM and a onboard graphics card Intel something, with a motherboard that supports PCI-E . Yesterday I bought a new graphics card, a Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT PCI-E and I put it in my computer on the PCI-E slot and started up the computer to install the drivers. I uninstalled the Intel graphics first and restarted the computer got into the BIOS and put something in there to "PCI-E" instead of "Onboard" and proceeded with the start up. The computer doesn't seem to recognize the card when trying to install the drivers, it says something about, NVIDIA installer didn't find drivers compatible with the current hardware. Installer will shut down now and I tried everything please help me I bought it for 100 euros and it's a lot of waste if this card is not working. Sorry for my bad english I'm from sweden, thank you a lot.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
What motherboard do you have, as most new ones automatically disable the onboard graphics and enable the PCI-E card so you don't have to do anything in the BIOS

Ask a Question