Graphic Card for Packard Bell

Reaction score
Hi everyone;

I have a Packard Bell computer with Microsoft XP Home Edition - Intel Pentium 4 - 2.93Ghz -1024MB of RAM - Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family.

I want to ugrade my graphic card because i believe that my current graphic card (Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family) is not good enough to play games.

What do u suggest?What kind of graphic card would suit my computer?:confused:

Thank u.

Reaction score
murdoch said:
Does you PC have an AGP slot or are the graphics on-board?
To find out which it is go to the link below to download Everest Home Ed, this will tell you want everything is on your PC.
Go to http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181

I've downloaded the program but,how can i see if there is a AGP slot or not with this program?

On the menu of the program,there is a "Display" and in the display,i can see "AGP/PCI Video".

I am not very good with computers yet.Sorry if i am asking too many questions.:(

Reaction score
doh

i forgot you were on intergrated already, so the gpu details wouldn't show agp/pci-e :p

ok click motherboard>chipset and one of the sub headings should be either AGP Controller or PCI Express Controller or something to that effect

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
ErtanM said:
Hi everyone;

I have a Packard Bell computer with Microsoft XP Home Edition - Intel Pentium 4 - 2.93Ghz -1024MB of RAM - Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family.

I want to ugrade my graphic card because i believe that my current graphic card (Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family) is not good enough to play games.

What do u suggest?What kind of graphic card would suit my computer?:confused:

Thank u.
That MB has a PCI E slot ... any of the mid/low end cards should do ... however, you may need to replace your Power Supply Unit (PSU)

;)

Reaction score
PotGuy said:
doh

i forgot you were on intergrated already, so the gpu details wouldn't show agp/pci-e :p

ok click motherboard>chipset and one of the sub headings should be either AGP Controller or PCI Express Controller or something to that effect

I have "Integrated Graphics Controller"

:)

muckshifter said:
That MB has a PCI E slot ... any of the mid/low end cards should do ... however, you may need to replace your Power Supply Unit (PSU)

Can u give me a name of a graphic card that i can use?For example: Nvidia Geforce 5200...

:)

And why do i need to replace my power supply unit?

Reaction score
And also,the program says my graphic card has 128MB of memory..Would i be able to play Age Of empires III with my computer?

Last time i tred to play that game,my monitor was frozen when i had a war on the see? :(

Reaction score
you may need to replace your psu because if like me you have a rubbish standard psu it is likely only 200/250 watt, and if you want anything in the 6800/x800 class of graphics card you will need another more powerful one. :)

Ask a Question