GPU choice

Reaction score
Hi guys, you must get this sort of thing everyday on here so im sorry to be a pain...

im new-ish to pc modding, and im after a new GPU, ive had a radeon x1600 XT 256mb DDR for a good few years now and its finally started to pack-up. problem is, i only have a 320W psu installed, so i cant go fancy, all i want to do is play reasonably simple games (as far up as CNC 3, STALKER, that sort of thing). My current GPU had no problem with this, so the new one should be able to handle it with ease.

i run XP with a intel 3.0GHZ Single core :)( ) if that helps??

im looking to spend no more than £50 on the card, and would like it to be DX10 compatable if possible, im willing to go up to about 70 to meet that. In an ideal world, 512mb ddr2/3 with a decent clock, i wont be overclocking it so thats not a worry. oh, and it must run on 305w :p

thanks alot guys.

Reaction score
Sorry for being a cynic, but you dont happen to work/have an interest in ginger6 do you?

Reaction score
Nope!

No not atall, just saw that one and looks reasonable for the price??? if you must know i work in a student bar in surrey and want my games fix :p

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
The 2600 range are good graphics cards, don't bother with the 3650 i had upto three in xfire on my last system and they are a bit crappy, see if you can get a used 3850/70 as with the new range of cards out peeps will be selling the old ones.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
8800 GT (S?)

Is still a great cards at a fine price

Ask a Question