Google unveils low-cost Pixel smartphones

News Google unveils low-cost Pixel smartphones

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Becky submitted a new resource:

Google unveils low-cost Pixel smartphones - The new handsets are a fraction of the price of Google's other latest devices

Google has been holding its annual developers conference - Google I/O - this week in Mountain View, California. As is often the case, the big news items were delivered early on during the keynote speech which was led by Google CEO Sundar Pichai.

The announcement that is attracting the most attention is that Google will be releasing a new line of entry level Pixel smartphones, with prices starting at just £399. This decision marks a bold change from...

Read more about this resource...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The 3a and 3a XL are the best phones in that price point if you want a fantastic camera. I was interested but its a bit of a sidestep for me from my 2XL, waiting for the Pixel 4.

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
Are you going to buy one? Personally I won't spend more than 200 for a phone. i don't need the super camera I guess, the one on my LG Stylo 3 works just fine.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
The 3a and 3a XL are the best phones in that price point if you want a fantastic camera. I was interested but its a bit of a sidestep for me from my 2XL, waiting for the Pixel 4.

I thought the same, it's a good price for a phone with that camera - the cut back models also feature the night photo mode too, which I've heard good things about. If I hadn't recently got a new phone I'd be sorely tempted!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Are you going to buy one?
The 3a? No, its too much of a side step/downgrade from the Pixel 2XL that I have. Pixel 4 maybe. 02 had a refresh deal on the P3/XL for £400, cracking deal but I can't stand the bloody notch..... :mad:

I thought the same, it's a good price for a phone with that camera - the cut back models also feature the night photo mode too, which I've heard good things about. If I hadn't recently got a new phone I'd be sorely tempted!
Night sight is amazing! See that's another reason why I didn't go for the P3XL, its just not much of an upgrade from the 2XL and all the fancy software stuff has been added to the P2 anyway, well most of it, its really only the wide angle selfie lens and minor spec bump and that God awful notch that you're paying for.

Ask a Question