Glass film holders for Polaroid SS120 / Microtek Artixscan 120TF

Fernando

Hello,
I need glass film holders (for 35mm strips and 120 strips) for my
SS120 (practically a rebranded Microtek Artixscan 120); I live in
Italy, and did not have any success with Polaroid Italy, that does not
carry them.
I know Microtek still produces them, and are compatible with the
SS120; still, I was unable to find any dealer (being in Europe or in
the U.S.) that carries them.

Anyone can help with indications? Used ones would be OK either.

Thanks a lot!!

Fernando

CSM1

Fernando said:
Hello,
I need glass film holders (for 35mm strips and 120 strips) for my
SS120 (practically a rebranded Microtek Artixscan 120); I live in
Italy, and did not have any success with Polaroid Italy, that does not
carry them.
I know Microtek still produces them, and are compatible with the
SS120; still, I was unable to find any dealer (being in Europe or in
the U.S.) that carries them.

Anyone can help with indications? Used ones would be OK either.

Thanks a lot!!

Fernando

I live in the USA.

B&H in the USA.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=288657&is=REG

Shipping to Italy.
Airmail Parcel Post
10-14 Days Delivery $27.50

Scanner Accessories for Microtek.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...JBmli!1052777332?O=NavBar&A=search&Q=&ci=7916

I hope this helps.

Fernando

CSM1 said:
B&H in the USA.

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, they ask a fax with the front and
back of my CC... unacceptable risk for me (been there, done that :(
).

Thanks anyway!

Fernando

CSM1

Fernando said:
"CSM1" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, they ask a fax with the front and
back of my CC... unacceptable risk for me (been there, done that :(
).

Thanks anyway!

Fernando
Sorry about that!

I would think that most international online orders would ask for proof of
the credit card and the order being valid. Visa and MasterCard treat
International credit cards differentially than domestic cards.

Adorama.com Policy: (They do not have Glass holder) Just showing their
International Order policy.
http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=faq&sid=10405261287525475

International Orders:
For international orders we will require a legible fax copy of credit card
bill, showing name & credit card number. or you may scan it and email it to
us.

B&H International policy:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=getpage.jsp&A=getpage&Q=shop.jsp
International Orders

If you are a first time "mail order or on-line" customer, or if you are
using a new or different credit card for the first time at B&H, upon
completing your on-line order, you must fax or e-mail a copy of both sides
of your credit card to 212-239-7549. Our Email address is
(e-mail address removed), (Does NOT apply to customers from Canada).

Please include the invoice number (that you will get when completing your
order) along with the copy of your card. Your card will be charged & the
merchandise committed upon submission of your order

If you have previously ordered online or by phone/fax with this credit card
and it is already on file, no fax is required. (Note: If you have ordered
before, the only way the web site system can recognize you as a repeat
customer is if you use exactly the same name, address and phone number
information. Any variation will cause the web site to conclude that you're a
first time customer and hold the order pending receipt of the fax.)

You should also check their privacy policy.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=getpage.jsp&A=getpage&Q=Privacy.jsp

If you do not want to fax your credit card, perhaps you could mail a
International Money Order.
Remember, every time you order online, you give your credit card number to a
secure server, which has that information forever.

The USA Country Code is 011.
B&H phone in the USA 212.444.6615

Fernando

Hello,

I know that many US online retailers ask for CC faxes; still, I feel
uncomfortable with those kind of policies.
I buy online from US since 1997; never accomplished with those
requests, and never had a problem.
But at work, we sometimes had to fax the company's CC in order to get
some equipment. We had 2 CC frauds in 2 years. I won't go that route.
;)
BH refused to accept a wire transfer (in advance!) for the payment
(and that is maybe the most secure type of payment in the world, for
the seller), and refused to accept other documents as proofs
(including my account documentation, VISA reports, and proofs of
previous transactions), so be it: I'll keep searching.
For one, KEH doesn't ask for those kind of documents, and I have been
always happy with them (but alas, they don't carry those holders! :)
).

Thanks anyway! I'll keep looking, maybe on eBay...!

Fernando

Andrew Webber

BH refused to accept a wire transfer (in advance!) for the payment
(and that is maybe the most secure type of payment in the world, for
the seller), and refused to accept other documents as proofs
(including my account documentation, VISA reports, and proofs of
previous transactions), so be it: I'll keep searching.
For one, KEH doesn't ask for those kind of documents, and I have been
always happy with them (but alas, they don't carry those holders! :)

What about, (a) www.paypal.com, or (b) www.bidpay.com (Western Union
money order), or (c) going to a Western Union agent and having the
money sent, or (d) buying a money order/draft and mailing it?

andrew [[email protected]]

Jan Becket

I haven't seen how the glass holders are configured for the SS120 but
if it is just a question of some anti-newton glass in the existing
holder, you can have that cut at Focal Point Industries in Florida.
They are cutting some for me for the SS45.

Jan B.

Fernando

I haven't seen how the glass holders are configured for the SS120 but
if it is just a question of some anti-newton glass in the existing
holder, you can have that cut at Focal Point Industries in Florida.
They are cutting some for me for the SS45.

Thank you!
It would work for sure (just some anti-newton glass in the existing 120 holder).
Any suggestion to contact F.P.I.? Which specifications do they need?
How much is it costing for you?

Many thanks!!

Fernando

Fernando

(e-mail address removed) (Fernando) wrote in message
I even tried to personally mail a B&H rep. who's generally very
helpful on various forums. Still no reply. Let's see, but my hopes are
scarce.

I'm happy to say that mr. Henry Posner was helpful, and provided me
with the needed data to pay via wire transfer. :)
So it seems like I finally found a way to purchase from B&H!

Many thanks to mr.Posner.

I'll let the newsgroup know how those 120 glass holders works on the
SS120. :)

Fernando

Top