Getting some more Ram - quick question!

Reaction score
HI everyone!

My dads got a DDR compatible MOBO which has some 512MB PC2700 Ram in it. Since its DDR I thought I would get another stick off 512MB PC2700 but was wondering if the Ram has to be made by the same manufacture??

I had a look but theres nothing on it to indicate the manufacture other than it was made in korea :rolleyes:

Any help appreciated!

p.s does the same apply to SLi video cards? i.e mixing PNY and ledtek long as theyre exactly the same card type..

Reaction score
does your mobo have enough slots to fit the ram?

if not you'll just have to replace it.

and about the manufacturer, you say you have pc2700 ram, stick with ram that is pc2700 and buying corsair is your best option as it has a lifetime warranty and is excellnt quality :thumb:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Gun_ho said:
p.s does the same apply to SLi video cards? i.e mixing PNY and ledtek long as theyre exactly the same card type..

nvidia have just released an update that allows you to mix and match manufacturer, but i think it is still recommended that you still get 2 identical cards.

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys!

I've got another slot for the ram so as long as manufacturer doesn't matter i'll look into gettin another stick of pc2700 512MB!

:)

Reaction score
i would imagine that most PC2700 are CAS2?

Unless theres some way to find out the CAS for the exsisting memory in the computer theres no way I can know that unfortunatly... Might just have to bite the buillt and buy some 2 stick pack of identical Ram :(

Reaction score
What would you say the best make of ram is out of the following: Corsair, Crucial or Kingston?

Reaction score
stuartw101 said:
What would you say the best make of ram is out of the following: Corsair, Crucial or Kingston?

1Crucial :thumb: 2Corsair 3Kingston

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
In all seriousness, there is no 'best' as such, just a few makes that are alot better - it all depends really on how much you are prepared to pay what you want to use it for:thumb:

Ask a Question