GetChanges in a DataSet

developer

Normally I can verify if a datasets content has changed on
an event like a button click. In my case I would like to
do this check on the form closing event. When I make the
checkup I get the original dataset with without the
changes that are supposed to have taken place. Even when
I "watch" the dataset with the debugger I notice that
there are no changes that took place. I am trying to
figure out why.

I would like to know what is the proper way to check if a
dataset has been modified on the closing event.

I tried: if(DataSet.HasChange())

It didn't work!!!

Thanks for the help

Kevin McNeish [C# MVP]

Normally I can verify if a datasets content has changed on
an event like a button click. In my case I would like to
do this check on the form closing event. When I make the
checkup I get the original dataset with without the
changes that are supposed to have taken place. Even when
I "watch" the dataset with the debugger I notice that
there are no changes that took place. I am trying to
figure out why.

I would like to know what is the proper way to check if a
dataset has been modified on the closing event.

I tried: if(DataSet.HasChange())

Are you running EndEdit on the current DataRow before checking for changes?

Regards,
Kevin McNeish
..NET /C# MVP
Chief Software Architect, Mere Mortals .NET Framework
www.oakleafsd.com

developer

ListTransport.q_TransportList
[this.dataGrid1.CurrentRowIndex].EndEdit();

if(ListTransport.HasChanges())
{
string ss= "fsjd";
}

I tried this and it still dont work. It never enter in the
if.

developer

If it could help someone to help me, the HasChange work
only when a line is inserted not when it's a update.