GBDialler..

Reaction score
this trojan got past my windows, zone alarm and norton firewalls & worm protections etc, and is now sitting in my internet connections doing nothing. I have tried, spybot, hijackthis, adaware & norton virus scans to get rid of it but it is not detected. Looking on the internet it seems this bugger gets past a lot of people, however forunately i am on a usb broadband modem, so my 56k internal one is never used.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of this? Am i right in thinking as i am not connected to my 56k modem it is no threat to me? I deleted the phone number in properties as it was the only other thing i could think to do, but i would like to get shot of it :)

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is to join the Malaware community (link below) who promise not to desert you until the problem is sorted. I suggested the same to Rainbowspirit who is having trouble too!

Good luck!

Gabs xx

Link:

http://www.malwareremoval.com/

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
PotGuy said:
Am i right in thinking as i am not connected to my 56k modem it is no threat to me? I deleted the phone number in properties as it was the only other thing i could think to do
If you are not using the 56K at all, I would suggest physically disconnecting it from the wall, I am fairly confident that will remove any chance of it establishing a connection!:)

Everyone I have ever asked has agreed with me that there is no conventional dial-up technology in the Broadband modem so it can't have the ability to like to a premium rate number.

Sorry, cant help with the actual infection. Good luck

Reaction score
You could try Trend Micros online scan facility - just google it.

You say you've ran a scan using HiJack This...any chance of seeing the end log file for perusal?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You could try a-squared a freebie malware remover.

I'm not too experienced in this area but if you can see the file, can you not start in safe mode and physically remove it?

And then scan registry for any rogue entries?

Ask a Question