    I tryed *=* but SQLServer doesn't support it.

    thanks,
    Pascal

    Pascal, Apr 15, 2005

  2. Pascal

    Elton Wang Guest

    SELECT A.*, B.* FROM TABLE_A AS A FULL OUTER JOIN TABLE_B
    AS B ON condition

    HTH

    Elton Wang

    Elton Wang, Apr 15, 2005

  3. The "symbolic" syntax is obsolete and not guaranteed to be supported in
    future releases. It's suggested that you stick with ANSI conventions.

    --
    ____________________________________
    William (Bill) Vaughn

    William \(Bill\) Vaughn, Apr 15, 2005
  4. Hi,

    I do not think there is *old* style syntax for the FULL OUTER JOIN. Actually
    this syntax will be dropped in a SQL Server 2005, so there is no reason to
    use it. Why do not you want to use FULL OUTER JOIN
    syntax? If you are trying to make something more generic to cover multiple
    databases, then using of the stored procedures could help you in this case,
    moving database-specific code inside of the SP

    --
    Val Mazur
    Microsoft MVP

    http://xport.mvps.org