Frontpage 2003 Won't Publish! Need Help!

Reaction score
My web site will not publish. When I enter the correct username and password the box just keeps popping up saying my server wants it sent in an insecure manner. My server told me to just hit ok and it should go ahead and publish. I've used FP for years and I have 3 sites on it that I desperately need to publish. Here is the info:​
  • My Hard Drive Crashed in January...was able to get a forensic backup but had to get a new Dell Latitude.​
  • Am running Windows 7 32bit with IE 8​
  • I was able to recover all of my sites and they open just fine and have not encountered any problems changing them.​
  • Can still preview them in browser as always.​
  • Tried dropping Trend Micro to publish...did not work​
  • Verified that my server has FP ext installed and they do. Same one I've always used.​
Any help would be much appreciated. I know it's time to switch to a new program but my business is screamingly busy at the moment and there is no time to learn and utilize a new program. My guess is that this is a minor glitch that I am just not thinking of.
Thanks!!​

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
a quick google has brought me back to this site and someone having similar issues.

In the "Open site" dialogue box, make sure the fully qualified entire URL is
in there, i.e. httpS://www.yourdomain.com.

That will tell FP to communicate in secured mode.

I don't use front page so have no idea if that'll work or not

Ask a Question