frontpage 2003 insert picture problem - program not responding

Discussion in 'Microsoft Frontpage' started by Guest, Apr 22, 2006.

    When I try to insert a picture from file the program locks up and does not
    respond. I have performed the repair/reinstall without success.

    Guest, Apr 22, 2006

    Steve Easton Guest

    Is the picture located inside of your web??
    What is the file size of the picture??
    What type of picture is it, jpg, gif, png, bmp??

    --
    Steve Easton
    Microsoft MVP FrontPage

    Steve Easton, Apr 22, 2006

    Thanks for the response Steve. No, the picture is not located inside my
    website.
    When I click Insert, Picture, From File, the program locks up and will not
    respond further. I cannot get to the selection page of My Documents, My
    Pictures, etc. Thanks for any help you can provide.

    Guest, Apr 22, 2006

    Steve Easton Guest

    First:
    Some user are apparently having a problem w/ Windows Update KB 908531
    - and the only short term solution seems to be removing ( uninstalling ) the
    update
    This seems to be especially true if you're using an HP printer.

    If that's not it:

    Second
    Go here: http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/fpclean.htm and download FP Cleaner.
    Download links are at the bottom of the page.
    Run the functions that clear:
    The FrontPage Temporary files.
    The Cache (*.web) files.
    and the one that Restores the default Toolbars and Menus.

    See if it helps.

    If not,
    Third
    Run Detect and Repair from the help dropdown.

    --
    Steve Easton
    Microsoft MVP FrontPage

    Steve Easton, Apr 22, 2006
  5. Actually, do not have to remove if the following helps:
    Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security
    update MS06-015
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165
    --
    Tom [Pepper] Willett
    Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

    Tom [Pepper] Willett, Apr 23, 2006

    Paul S. Wolf Guest

    On 4/22/2006 6:29 PM, Steve Easton wrote:
    > First:
    > Some user are apparently having a problem w/ Windows Update KB 908531
    > - and the only short term solution seems to be removing ( uninstalling ) the
    > update
    > This seems to be especially true if you're using an HP printer.
    >
    > If that's not it:
    >
    > Second
    > Go here: http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/fpclean.htm and download FP Cleaner.
    > Download links are at the bottom of the page.
    > Run the functions that clear:
    > The FrontPage Temporary files.
    > The Cache (*.web) files.
    > and the one that Restores the default Toolbars and Menus.
    >
    > See if it helps.
    >
    > If not,
    > Third
    > Run Detect and Repair from the help dropdown.

    I think I had the same problem as CaptDick. Clicking on the "Insert
    image from file" button, or right clicking an image and choosing "edit
    image properties", then trying to browse to any file caused FP to lock
    up (not responding), and the only fix was to end the program.

    Note: all images were imported into the web before but it didn't matter,
    as I never got to browse to the file while the problem was occurring.
    The lock up occurred before the browsing window opened.

    I Tried FP Cleaner with no success, tried Detect & Repair from
    "Add/remove programs" with no success, completely removed and
    reinstalled FP (including Service Pack 2), also with no success.

    Removing KB908531 did fix the problem.

    Thanks Steve.

    --
    Paul S. Wolf, P.E.
    mailto:p

    Paul S. Wolf, Apr 23, 2006
  7. Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security

    Tom [Pepper] Willett, Apr 23, 2006

    Thanks a million Steve, I uninstalled the update and that fixed the problem.

    Guest, Apr 23, 2006

    Steve Easton Guest

    You're welcome.
    Glad to help.

    It was Tom Pepper Willett that first posted the info about uninstalling the
    update.
    I just managed to remember what he posted.

    --
    Steve Easton
    Microsoft MVP FrontPage

    Steve Easton, Apr 23, 2006

    kiriel13

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I am having the same trouble, but instead of freezing up, it acts like I didn't click on it. If I click on it then click on something else, that other thing will happen and it won't allow me to insert a picture. I use FrontPage for an online web design class in high school, but my professor doesn't know what the problem is. Could you guys help me?

    kiriel13, Oct 31, 2011