FrontPage 2002- Error says "System Exception: Access Violation"

Discussion in 'Microsoft Frontpage' started by Guest, Jul 22, 2004.

    I started getting this message when trying to edit webpages for my school. I am the original creator of pages, I wasn't doing anything different, It won't let me into any part of it. Finally uninstalled Frontpage and reinstalled on a different computer, imported the page that is on the web now (and still okay, except getting more and more out of date). It let me edit a few things on a couple of pages, but I had to recreate the navigation structure and then when I tried to get the background and recreate the theme, FrontPage is encountering errors and needs to close (very frequently) and now it has gone back to the "System Exception: Access Violation"?? HELP only partly web literate teacher!!

    Guest, Jul 22, 2004

  2. Are you using any large media files (1MB or over)
    - that is the usual cause for that error

    Have you tried the usual repairs in the sequence below:
    1) In Windows Explorer Find and delete all FP Temp Files
    Usually in C:\WINDOWS\Temp and %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp
    2) In Windows Explorer Find and delete all hidden *.web files
    Usually in %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache
    3) Run a Repair on IE
    (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=318378 )
    4) Install all Service Packs for your OS, IE, MS Office and your Video card
    (Windows Update and Office Update sites, plus your video card supplier site)
    5) Open FP and Disable or Uninstall any FP Addins,
    6) Open your FP Web/Site and run a Tools Recalculate Hyperlinks

    Stefan B Rusynko, Jul 23, 2004

    jcat5150

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I had the same error and it was driving me nuts. After reading the above tips, opened FrontPage, went to file>close web and closed my web. I then closed the program and relaunched it. I then went to file>open web, opened my web and published again without a hitch.

    FrontPage XP on a Vista machine.

    jcat5150, Mar 6, 2012