Freeware PDF Tools

James UK

James UK leapt out of the bath and screamed "EUREKA!" before typing in
alt.comp.freeware:
Subject: Freeware PDF Tools
From: "James UK" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware

FamilyNet International Newsgate

From: James UK <[email protected]>

leapt out of the bath and screamed "EUREKA!" before typing in
alt.comp.freeware:

Thanks for the link.

--
James UK

FamilyNet <> Internet Gated Mail
http://www.familynet-international.org

I'm no expert when it comes to newsreaders and news servers, so can
anyone shed any light on the above, which appears to be a "copy" of my
genuine reply to the post "Freeware PDF Tools" which was

This "fake" one is "Message-ID: <[email protected]>"
and I have no connection / knowledge of "Familynet" at all?

Any suggestions?

TIA

Ron May

I'm no expert when it comes to newsreaders and news servers, so can
anyone shed any light on the above, which appears to be a "copy" of my
genuine reply to the post "Freeware PDF Tools" which was

This "fake" one is "Message-ID: <[email protected]>"
and I have no connection / knowledge of "Familynet" at all?

Any suggestions?

According to the header information, the origin appears to be:

via

Any connection between you and Verizon or Newsgate?

James UK

Ron May leapt out of the bath and screamed "EUREKA!" before typing in
alt.comp.freeware:
According to the header information, the origin appears to be:

via

Any connection between you and Verizon or Newsgate?

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the reply.

No, no connection at all, as far as I'm aware. I post via Octanews.

Regards

Gary R. Schmidt

James UK wrote:
[SNIP]
I'm no expert when it comes to newsreaders and news servers, so can
anyone shed any light on the above, which appears to be a "copy" of my
genuine reply to the post "Freeware PDF Tools" which was

This "fake" one is "Message-ID: <[email protected]>"
and I have no connection / knowledge of "Familynet" at all?

Any suggestions?
Most likely the familynet news server had a thinko and reposted
some/many/one post.

Elsethread someone pointed out there's a fidonet linkage involved,
strange propagation is much more likely in that case.

Relax, it's not someone pretending to be you! :)

Cheers,
Gary B-)

James UK

Gary R. Schmidt leapt out of the bath and screamed "EUREKA!" before
typing in alt.comp.freeware:
Relax, it's not someone pretending to be you! :)

Thanks for that Gary.

I was wondering who on earth would want to be me anyway! ;-)

Regards