free Diskeeper for Vista (Diskeeper 10 for beta 5384)

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Performance' started by Guest, Jun 23, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I was disappointed with Vista's built-in disk defragment tool.
    I could tell the HD was spinning way too much for a supposed
    state of defragmentation.
    I tried to run Executive Software's Diskeeper 9 and 10 --
    both of which were made for Windows XP's MMC -- but neither
    worked. I happened to check Diskeeper.com and found that
    they've released a very nice (and free) public beta of Diskeeper 10
    for Vista beta. I ran this beta of Diskeeper
    immediately after running Vista's built-in defragger, and --similar
    to my previous experience on XP -- it labored for ten minutes to
    further defrag what Vista had claimed it had already defragged.
    Now my Vista machine is operating much more quickly.


    --
    Find me at commonmancomputing
     
    Guest, Jun 23, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. How long is the beta version of Diskeeper good for?

    William

    vois2 wrote:
    > I was disappointed with Vista's built-in disk defragment tool.
    > I could tell the HD was spinning way too much for a supposed
    > state of defragmentation.
    > I tried to run Executive Software's Diskeeper 9 and 10 --
    > both of which were made for Windows XP's MMC -- but neither
    > worked. I happened to check Diskeeper.com and found that
    > they've released a very nice (and free) public beta of Diskeeper 10
    > for Vista beta. I ran this beta of Diskeeper
    > immediately after running Vista's built-in defragger, and --similar
    > to my previous experience on XP -- it labored for ten minutes to
    > further defrag what Vista had claimed it had already defragged.
    > Now my Vista machine is operating much more quickly.
    >
    >
     
    William R. Mosher, Jun 23, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    William --
    I couldn't find info regarding that question anywhere.
    It looks like they haven't put much out yet, just a quick
    web page front for downloading the Diskeeper 10 Vista beta.
    You need to undertake a short marketing survey though
    in order to reach the download link -- Or, just click here
    http://files.diskeeper.com/beta/Diskeeper10_Professional_Vista_beta.exe
    --
    Find me at commonmancomputing


    "William R. Mosher" wrote:

    > How long is the beta version of Diskeeper good for?
    >
    > William
    >
    > vois2 wrote:
    > > I was disappointed with Vista's built-in disk defragment tool.
    > > I could tell the HD was spinning way too much for a supposed
    > > state of defragmentation.
    > > I tried to run Executive Software's Diskeeper 9 and 10 --
    > > both of which were made for Windows XP's MMC -- but neither
    > > worked. I happened to check Diskeeper.com and found that
    > > they've released a very nice (and free) public beta of Diskeeper 10
    > > for Vista beta. I ran this beta of Diskeeper
    > > immediately after running Vista's built-in defragger, and --similar
    > > to my previous experience on XP -- it labored for ten minutes to
    > > further defrag what Vista had claimed it had already defragged.
    > > Now my Vista machine is operating much more quickly.
    > >
    > >

    >
     
    Guest, Jun 23, 2006
    #3
  4. Thanks for the download link. I will give it a try. I figure that if it
    is only good for a short period of time, then I could uninstall it and
    use the Windows Defragment program.

    William

    vois2 wrote:
    > William --
    > I couldn't find info regarding that question anywhere.
    > It looks like they haven't put much out yet, just a quick
    > web page front for downloading the Diskeeper 10 Vista beta.
    > You need to undertake a short marketing survey though
    > in order to reach the download link -- Or, just click here
    > http://files.diskeeper.com/beta/Diskeeper10_Professional_Vista_beta.exe
     
    William R. Mosher, Jun 23, 2006
    #4
  5. I Installed the beta of Diskeeper for Vista and it ran perfectly. I did
    not see anything in there about a time limit, so for now I am assuming
    that there is none. Thanks for the help.

    William


    > vois2 wrote:
    >> William --
    >> I couldn't find info regarding that question anywhere.
    >> It looks like they haven't put much out yet, just a quick
    >> web page front for downloading the Diskeeper 10 Vista beta.
    >> You need to undertake a short marketing survey though
    >> in order to reach the download link -- Or, just click here
    >> http://files.diskeeper.com/beta/Diskeeper10_Professional_Vista_beta.exe
     
    William R. Mosher, Jun 23, 2006
    #5
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Just for the sake of interest ...
    On a fresh install of Vista beta 5483 (I needed to reinstall
    after screwing with drivers all day) ...
    Diskeeper 10, immediately after the fresh OS install,
    and immediately after Diskeeper 10 was installed as the
    only program, found 2300 fragmented files and
    7755 fragments.

    So I should think this Diskeeper 10 beta will be
    valuable to anyone looking for a way to speed up
    their Vista beta performance.

    --
    Find me at commonmancomputing


    "William R. Mosher" wrote:

    > I Installed the beta of Diskeeper for Vista and it ran perfectly. I did
    > not see anything in there about a time limit, so for now I am assuming
    > that there is none. Thanks for the help.
    >
    > William
    >
    >
    > > vois2 wrote:
    > >> William --
    > >> I couldn't find info regarding that question anywhere.
    > >> It looks like they haven't put much out yet, just a quick
    > >> web page front for downloading the Diskeeper 10 Vista beta.
    > >> You need to undertake a short marketing survey though
    > >> in order to reach the download link -- Or, just click here
    > >> http://files.diskeeper.com/beta/Diskeeper10_Professional_Vista_beta.exe

    >
     
    Guest, Jun 23, 2006
    #6
  7. Guest

    Jon Abbott Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?dm9pczI=?= <> wrote:
    >I was disappointed with Vista's built-in disk defragment tool.
    >I could tell the HD was spinning way too much for a supposed
    >state of defragmentation.
    >I tried to run Executive Software's Diskeeper 9 and 10 --
    >both of which were made for Windows XP's MMC -- but neither
    >worked. I happened to check Diskeeper.com and found that
    >they've released a very nice (and free) public beta of Diskeeper 10
    >for Vista beta. I ran this beta of Diskeeper
    >immediately after running Vista's built-in defragger, and --similar
    >to my previous experience on XP -- it labored for ten minutes to
    >further defrag what Vista had claimed it had already defragged.
    >Now my Vista machine is operating much more quickly.
    >
    >
    >--
    >Find me at commonmancomputing


    I installed it, but the service fails unexpectedly. Anyone else seen have
    problem with it?

    Jon
     
    Jon Abbott, Jun 23, 2006
    #7
  8. Guest

    HDRDTD Guest

    I downloaded it (thanks for the link Joe) and it's running right now as I
    type.

    "Jon Abbott" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > =?Utf-8?B?dm9pczI=?= <> wrote:
    >>I was disappointed with Vista's built-in disk defragment tool.
    >>I could tell the HD was spinning way too much for a supposed
    >>state of defragmentation.
    >>I tried to run Executive Software's Diskeeper 9 and 10 --
    >>both of which were made for Windows XP's MMC -- but neither
    >>worked. I happened to check Diskeeper.com and found that
    >>they've released a very nice (and free) public beta of Diskeeper 10
    >>for Vista beta. I ran this beta of Diskeeper
    >>immediately after running Vista's built-in defragger, and --similar
    >>to my previous experience on XP -- it labored for ten minutes to
    >>further defrag what Vista had claimed it had already defragged.
    >>Now my Vista machine is operating much more quickly.
    >>
    >>
    >>--
    >>Find me at commonmancomputing

    >
    > I installed it, but the service fails unexpectedly. Anyone else seen have
    > problem with it?
    >
    > Jon
    >
     
    HDRDTD, Jun 23, 2006
    #8
  9. Guest

    Doug Guest

    It says on the site where you select the version you'd like to download that
    the beta is good for 30 days.

    Doug

    "William R. Mosher" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > How long is the beta version of Diskeeper good for?
    >
    > William
    >
    > vois2 wrote:
    >> I was disappointed with Vista's built-in disk defragment tool.
    >> I could tell the HD was spinning way too much for a supposed
    >> state of defragmentation.
    >> I tried to run Executive Software's Diskeeper 9 and 10 --
    >> both of which were made for Windows XP's MMC -- but neither
    >> worked. I happened to check Diskeeper.com and found that
    >> they've released a very nice (and free) public beta of Diskeeper 10
    >> for Vista beta. I ran this beta of Diskeeper
    >> immediately after running Vista's built-in defragger, and --similar
    >> to my previous experience on XP -- it labored for ten minutes to
    >> further defrag what Vista had claimed it had already defragged.
    >> Now my Vista machine is operating much more quickly.
    >>
     
    Doug, Jun 30, 2006
    #9
  10. Guest

    Doug Guest

    Sorry folks, that message pertains to their trialware versions, NOT the beta
    for v10.0. It appears the beta has no published expiration date.

    Sorry for the confusion.

    Doug

    "Doug" <> wrote in message
    news:D...
    > It says on the site where you select the version you'd like to download
    > that the beta is good for 30 days.
    >
    > Doug
    >
    > "William R. Mosher" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> How long is the beta version of Diskeeper good for?
    >>
    >> William
    >>
    >> vois2 wrote:
    >>> I was disappointed with Vista's built-in disk defragment tool.
    >>> I could tell the HD was spinning way too much for a supposed
    >>> state of defragmentation.
    >>> I tried to run Executive Software's Diskeeper 9 and 10 --
    >>> both of which were made for Windows XP's MMC -- but neither
    >>> worked. I happened to check Diskeeper.com and found that
    >>> they've released a very nice (and free) public beta of Diskeeper 10
    >>> for Vista beta. I ran this beta of Diskeeper
    >>> immediately after running Vista's built-in defragger, and --similar
    >>> to my previous experience on XP -- it labored for ten minutes to
    >>> further defrag what Vista had claimed it had already defragged.
    >>> Now my Vista machine is operating much more quickly.
    >>>

    >
     
    Doug, Jun 30, 2006
    #10
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Guest
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    448
    Zack Whittaker
    May 26, 2006
  2. Guest

    Vista B2 (5384) web/http throughput slow (crippled)

    Guest, Jun 1, 2006, in forum: Windows Vista Performance
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    486
    Guest
    Jun 14, 2006
  3. Guest

    Shut Down Error in Vista Build 5384

    Guest, Jun 15, 2006, in forum: Windows Vista Performance
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    429
    Guest
    Jun 15, 2006
  4. Peter

    Diskeeper Corp's Vista Beta Defrag no good for 5536

    Peter, Aug 29, 2006, in forum: Windows Vista Performance
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    481
    Guest
    Sep 1, 2006
  5. rblacher

    Diskeeper 10 Vista beta

    rblacher, Sep 26, 2006, in forum: Windows Vista Performance
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    539
    Telstar
    Oct 6, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page